Main Menu

Gripping hands...

Started by Generally Contrary, 02 February, 2005, 06:15:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Generally Contrary

Richmond Clements

Priceless!

I wonder if Barbie is sitting at home worried?

Proudhuff

Hope Bush makes a statement about it

and Tony Blair sends in the wee boy from the 70s Victor (General Jumbo?)

Huff
DDT did a job on me

Generally Contrary

I've just got news that 'the terrorists' are planning to destroy our society using robots disguised as everyday items, such as cars, planes and taperecorders.

Generally Contrary

Further developments in the War on Dolls!

Link: http://www.dartblog.com/data/2005/02/breaking_news_m.html" target="_blank">Breaking News, Mastermind Captured!

Max Kon

Wouldn't one of them be disguised as a bin?

Leigh S

I'm not sure you should be making light of the fact of this disturbing evidence, which can only mean that they've got The Master working for them....

Richmond Clements

Watcher, who's the bigger nerd here, you for making that joke, or me for getting it and laughing?

Byron Virgo

He shrinks people and then hides their tiny bodies in people's lunchboxes, for that extra jolt of spine-tingling terror!

Tiplodocus

I was always amazed that they had this idea of how to make Action Man more realistic by giving him Eagle Eyes - which were of course operated by the ultra-realistic big black knob sticking out of the back of his head.

I liked the Doctor Who gag as well.  I can't remember EVER laughing so much at a special effect. Even a Doctor Who one.

And I mean "Special" like in "Special School" not in "Special Forces".  (Mind you, seeing the American Special Forces you do wonder...).

Anybody else care to nominate some appallingly obvious special effects - we should probably exclude Doctor Who from this list though, it's just too easy...

I remember a particularly bad Pterandon from one of those Doug Maclure lost world movies from the seventies.  They even had the bloke that did it on Blue Peter trying to convince us that it was realistic that it never flapped it's wings because these things used to glide everywhere...
Be excellent to each other. And party on!