Main Menu

RIPs

Started by Quirkafleeg, 27 February, 2006, 03:03:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrazyFoxMachine

What's really heartening is all the positive stuff flowing from everywhere. He was very forthright of course but he really wasn't there to piss people off, just to get on with doing whatever the hell he wanted. Reports coming in of a relaxed, funny dude that knew himself very well. Pretty bloody inspiring actually.

What I said on FB was this:

"Saw him once in Sheffield in 2008 - and for the last time this year at Glastonbury. When Metropolis came on at the latter I felt the mud shake and the rain vibrate. I understood then why he stood stock still all the time on stage, because he was a living conduit through which pure glorious rock passed.

Without him the world is a less heavy place by far. \m/"

Ancient Otter

Quote from: sheridan on 29 December, 2015, 07:48:33 AM
Meadowlark Lemon - pretty much the inspiration for the Harlem Heroes.

There is a good quote in that BBC article - "he said his destiny was to make people happy". Judging by people's feelings  on Lemmy & Philty Phil, their destinies must be the same.

ThryllSeekyr

Sorry news to me, but at least he's keeping the drummer company.

Hawkmumbler

Ah grief. Not Lemmy.

RIP

von Boom

Massive fuck no for Lemmy. I knew he's had health problems for a while, but I never thought he would go so soon. RIP. \m/

Dandontdare

yeah gutted about Lemmy. However, he does fall into the "miracle he lasted this long" category!

sheridan

John Bradbury, drummer of The Specials.

Spikes

Quote from: sheridan on 29 December, 2015, 05:08:23 PM
John Bradbury, drummer of The Specials.

Fuck. What a crappy day or so this is turning out to be.
But absolutely love The Specials, and John's drumming was a huge part of that. A great, great drummer.

RIP, Prince Rimshot.

Zarjazzer

what a crappy day with John Bradbury and Lemmy leaving us. At least we still have their music.

But I'd rather have them around to make more. :( :(
The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.

Heath C Ackley

A sad day for music. Even though they were on opposite sides of the musical hemisphere, I'm a great fan of The Specials and Motorhead. Lemmy's career defied the confines of genre and fickle labels. Yes he had the soul of a rocker but his influences can be heard in punk and elsewhere. (And he was a local lad!) The Specials were a band - like The Jam or The Smiths - that didn't stay around for long but certainly made an impact.
"Give a man a mask and he will give you the truth."

Something Fishy

Really sad to see Lemmy gone.  One of the true legends.

Tjm86

Wayne 'Trapper John' Rogers.

Batman's Superior Cousin

I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

Dandontdare

What AGAIN? I think that's the 3rd time that's been reported as news. Bugger just won't stay dead, will he?

The is one glaring clue in that Telegraph story - the link to his 2009 obituary

Batman's Superior Cousin

GAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!! >:(

Saw it on FaceBook, and thought it was recent, apologies all!!!
I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night