Main Menu

Dredd vs Death Statue

Started by 2000AD Online, 04 September, 2007, 03:10:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richmond Clements

I think it looks great.
Waaaaay out of my price range, but someting I wouldn't mind on the tat shelf- I could have my Snake Plisken and Johnny Alpha figure shooting at it or something- that'd be cool.

Not that I pose them in fight scenarios or anything...

Tweak72

But its not that close to Gregâ??s version (which is brilliant BTW) it just that the details are not right and that bugs me.
+++THRILL POWER, OVERWHELMING++++++THRILL POWER, OVERWHELMING+++

JOE SOAP

I think that the companies who make these things would be better off asking the hardcore fans what kind of statue they want and allow a vote, because it's only hardcore heads who will buy such expensive bric-a-brac.

COMMANDO FORCES

Cheers for that Large48, I shall put that date in my diary.

Tweak72

"I think that the companies who make these things would be better off asking the hardcore fans what kind of statue they want and allow a vote, because it's only hardcore heads who will buy such expensive bric-a-brac."

Very True.

Peter Wolf

I dont go for these sorts of things but it is good.My only criticism is the belt buckle.too big.

That Greg Staples picture is brilliant.I havent ever seen that before.It does improve on brian bollands work if that isnt a pointless comparison to make.Another piece of art i would love to own.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Large48

Latest news on the 20% discount etc....

Hi Guy,

Thank you for your e-mail. Yes, we wonâ??t be taking your payment. 2000ad will be taking your payment and will give you the 20% discount as long as you ordered within the discount time frame.

If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Kind regards,
Kanako Mori
First 4 Figures Ltd

so it looks like we have to order from the 2000AD shop and not through the link?!?!?!

[size=40]Train Hard - Run Fast - Hit to Kill[/size]

COMMANDO FORCES

Cheers for that.

Large48 to the rescue again, lol.

W. R. Logan

Like it a lot but im afraid the Logan household wont be stumping up for one.

COMMANDO FORCES

Today when I was in my local comic shop I was talking to the owner and his mate who just so happens to be a sculptor about this new model and about the arguments on here about it.
The sculptor asks me what I would like and shows me some of his stuff for sale in the shop (I thought they were all official merchandise, they are that good) so yes you have guessed it I am commissioning him to do a Dredd in a pose of my choosing.
Over the next week I will decide in who's style it will be made.
I am not sure what to go for yet, so I will be going through my stuff to find a definative drawing!!!!
I like the model above but I do not think the stance is realistic enough for me (I'll still buy it though, you have to don't you?)

ThryllSeekyr

Each 2000AD character in a fighting pose with their repsective arch-enemy.

I was thinking of Slaine.....

Tweak72

"I was thinking of Slaine....."

hands on the table where we can see them ThryllSeekyr :P

Matt Timson

"I am not sure what to go for yet, so I will be going through my stuff to find a definative drawing!!!!"

You know it makes sense...http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v69/johnnyeyebrows/dredd-toon.jpg">
Pffft...

paulvonscott

"why not do a stause based on some thing like this? I would kill to have some thing like it"

You'd kill to have a statue of a gay Judge Dredd?

Heh, I really like the new statue, even with the belt buckle, I can't afford it but to any Dredd fan with the spare creds, why not?  I'm sure there must be plenty out there.  

I don't buy much tat, but I got the DR and Quinch ones in the big sale a while back.  Very nice.  But for a skinflint like me they also have to be equally cheap.

Tweak72

"You'd kill to have a statue of a gay Judge Dredd?"

Are you saying Carlos Ezquerra's Dredd is Gay?