Main Menu

Top 100 Movies of the 2000AD forums!

Started by PsychoGoatee, 25 September, 2008, 05:33:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

the shutdown man

You're at the precipice Tony, of an enormous crossroads.

jakeblues69

1. Blade Runner
2. Layer Cake
3. Escape from NY
4. Assault on Precint 13 ( the original )
5. Hawk the Slayer
6. THX 1138
7. The Empire Strikes Back
8. Boondock Saints
9. Aliens
10. Soldier
I'm Dr. Rockso, the rock and roll clown. I do cocaine! My video was banned from music television, cause you could see my junk... through my jumpsuit!

Queen Firey-Bou

Boring !? how can sudden carnage, real stunt-tastic high speed insanity, raw car crunching splat fest * be boring ?!  I though the long conversational pieces were vital for the false sense of banality & bitchyness, subtext morality & whole disjointed roller coaster. Planet Terror was also the funniest thing I've seen in a long time... apart from big lebowski...

* only the fictional ones kids. slow down & wear seat belts please.

TordelBack

This is always so difficult, just 10! I I think I'll use "movies I re-watch most often"...

The Princess Bride
Monty Python's Life of Brian
The Empire Strikes Back
Star Wars
The Big Lebowski
Uncle Buck
Unforgiven
Manon Des Sources (do I get Jean de Florette as a free extra?)
The Shawshank Redemption
Rob Roy (Liam Neeson version)

jakeblues69

11. Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
12. Superbad
13. Old School
I'm Dr. Rockso, the rock and roll clown. I do cocaine! My video was banned from music television, cause you could see my junk... through my jumpsuit!

the shutdown man

Quote from: "Queen Firey-Bou"Boring !? how can sudden carnage, real stunt-tastic high speed insanity, raw car crunching splat fest * be boring ?!  I though the long conversational pieces were vital for the false sense of banality & bitchyness, subtext morality & whole disjointed roller coaster. Planet Terror was also the funniest thing I've seen in a long time... apart from big lebowski...

* only the fictional ones kids. slow down & wear seat belts please.

I did enjoy Planet Terror, I must admit, but it didn't take itself as seriously, it was much more demented fun. With Death Proof, there was one piece of sudden carnage (impressive, I admit) and one middling car chase at the end. I wouldn't say that counts as a splat fest. It just felt like QT trying to show off, and missing the mark.
You're at the precipice Tony, of an enormous crossroads.

Roger Godpleton

In no order and off the top of my head:

A New Hope
Grave of the Fireflies
Hard Boiled
The Exorcist
South Park: Bigger, Longer and Uncut
This is Spinal Tap
Evil Dead
Oldboy
Krótki film o milosci (A Short film about Love.)
A Matter of Life & Death
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Queen Firey-Bou

now somebody really clever with databases could cross reference all the top tens & form a points system for boarders with similiar tastes... when of course if you look at the bigger picture we all have the same taste as any other uk forum would list the likes of;  four weddings; mamma mia; and similiar pish.

Keef Monkey

I'm with the pro-Death Proof block, I loved it, and even preferred the longer standalone version to the snappier Grindhouse cut, so obviously disagree with any accusations of boredom.  I've just realised I didn't put Grindhouse in my list. Tits.

Buddy

In no particular order and leaving a lot out....

A matter of life and death
Forbidden Planet
The Day the earth Stood Still.
The Thing
Alien
Bladerunner
Usual Suspects
Wihnail and I
Shawshank Redemption
Fist Full of Dollars Trilogy
Pink Floyd The Wall
A Night At The Opera

Slippery PD

Close Encounters of the 3rd Kind
Blade Runner
Point Break
Seven
Silent Running
Pans Labyrinth
Empire Strikes Back
Seven Samurai
ET
The Man in the White Suit

That was rather troublesome with a load of films that could have got in that didnt.....  
crikey.  Just 10?

Dunk!

Off the top of my ehad and in no particular order.

The Wild Bunch
Seven Samurai
Raiders of the lost Ark
M.A.S.H. the movie
Forbidden Planet
Strictly Ballroom.
Star Wars (Episode 4: A New Hope)
Excalibur
The Thing
The Taking of Pelham 123
"Trust we"

TordelBack

QuoteThe Thing

Original or Carpenter remake, Ump and Tulkas?  I ask because it's one of the few exceptions to the "remakes suck" rule.

'Course, the fact that you didn't say "...from Another Planet" might be a clue...

Kicking myself that I didn't include King Kong or Forbidden Planet or Invaders from Mars or Last of the Mohicans or...

Gavin_Leahy_Block

1) Memento
2) The Big Lebowski
3) The Usual Suspects
4) Magnolia
5) Chasing Amy
6) The Shawshank Redemption
7) Fight club
8) Rushmore
9) A Clockwork Orange
10) Groundhog Day

Buddy

QuoteOriginal or Carpenter remake, Ump and Tulkas? I ask because it's one of the few exceptions to the "remakes suck" rule.

Remake, but I love the original too.