Main Menu

Judge Minty (Judge Dredd fan film)

Started by Steven Sterlacchini, 17 February, 2009, 10:04:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steven Sterlacchini

I can't find the original thread about our film, but it was so old that I thought I'd start a new one anyway.

If you don't know, we are making a Judge Dredd based fan film. It's based on a character called Judge Minty who appeared many years ago. Created by John Wagner and Mick McMahon. An aging Judge who is forced to 'retire' from the streets, mainly it seems because he has become too compassionate. He chooses to take 'The Long Walk' into the Cursed Earth, there "to take law to the lawless". The film will be based around his first experiences in the radioactive wastes.

Amongst all the fun of Hi-Ex! meeting great people and long chats about Dredd etc.we managed to take some snap shots of our Judge Minty costume test. McWild has now sprinkled some magic over them.

Plus, here is a new Mega Cityscape by McWild.

stacey

Richmond Clements

Just wonderful!

The costume is superb- and was the first thing people saw when they entered the dealers room. I only caught a glimpse of the actor in costume while he was chatting with the Stormtroopers.

And that cityscape was an amazing image- I think it was a guy, who's board name I can't remember from the SFX board who won it.

Wils

stacey

Ken (who is Dangermouse) from the SFX board won it - he was really chuffed about it too. And rightly so its gorgeous.

jock

that looks great. awesome shots of minty...

Richmond Clements

Quote from: "stacey"Ken (who is Dangermouse) from the SFX board won it - he was really chuffed about it too. And rightly so its gorgeous.

Thanks, Stacey!

Bouwel

-A person's mind can be changed by reading information on the internet. The nature of this change will be from having no opinion to having a wrong opinion-

Colin YNWA

Wow that looks great!

DO I recognise Judge Minty? he seems awfully similar... to the Website

Kev Levell

That looks awesome. Very nice work, well done!

Bolt-01

Crikey- that action shot looks flippin' great.

Steve- Really nice chatting about all this over the weekend, and If anyone doubts the abilities of the good folks involved- I hope these shots put them to shame.

satchmo

Wowzers, those pics are amazing fellas!
One of the highlights of the weekend was seeing the incredible work that has gone into Judge MInty, I'm genuinely excited about seeing it.

Jim_Campbell

Surely this thread should be stickied and linked to every time the new Dredd movie comes up and someone says that you have to redesign the uniform because it doesn't work outside the pages of the comic?

Fantastic stuff. Absolutely awesome. You guys deserve medals, or something.

Cheers!

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Dandontdare

That costume is just perfect. I don't know how much post-production has gone into those shots, but the colours are spot on - the green gloves and pads and the gold accessories are often too bight and, make replica uniforms look a bit, well, silly, but those muted colours are superb. He looks so much more like a real Judge than Stallone with his mega-budget ever did!

Steve Green

Cheers for the kind comments, Dan did an awesome job on the costume, Steve S went beyond the call of duty sorting it all out, and Harry looked great as Minty.

Yeah, there's a fair bit of post going on, the pads are a dull bronze and fairly muted green, which we thought would be not too garish - the red is the only bright colour really.

Dan's still tweaking the costume, the bagginess of the leathers is the main thing to fix, but we're pretty pleased with the look so far.

Cheers

Steve