Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Life Spugs because...  (Read 267355 times)

Smith

• Posting Machine
    • View Profile
Re: Life Spugs because...
« Reply #3615 on: 20 February, 2019, 07:19:25 pm »
Thanks everyone.The support means a lot to me.

Tjm86

• Evil Cyborg
    • View Profile
« Reply #3616 on: 20 February, 2019, 09:08:00 pm »
I quit my job.I mean the place was falling apart,the money isnt as good as it used to be and people are leaving in droves...but honestly Im scared I was too impulsive.I dont have anything lined up and my stomach hurts when I think Im going to be asking for a job hat-in-hand.So im just walking around the flat and trying to think. :-(

Trust in yourself.  It is easy to understand the decision you have made having the impact it has but you have taken control of it.  If things are as bad as you say then it is highly likely that those that have stayed behind will have far less control over their destiny than you have.

One way of looking at your situation is, as you say, asking for work 'hat in hand'.  Another way is being able to determine what you are or are not willing to accept.  This is an opportunity for you to be honest with yourself, to choose opportunities that align more fully with your values and to find something more satisfying.

How much better is that than muddling through with an employer that is dead from the neck up?

Smith

• Posting Machine
    • View Profile
« Reply #3617 on: 21 February, 2019, 03:57:53 pm »
So I went to the competition,they listened to me,even if they seemed kinda suspicious.I think/hope the interview went well,they will call me(or so they say) so yeah...fingers crossed.
In other bad news,my sister is in the hospital under observation because there might be "something".And that scares me,a lot.

Mardroid

• Bionic Fingers
    • View Profile
« Reply #3618 on: 22 February, 2019, 03:06:38 am »
That’s rough, Smith. You’re going through it lately. Hope things work out okay for your sister.

I trust the interview will be fruitful, at least.

Rogue Judge

• Sentient Tea Bot
    • View Profile
« Reply #3619 on: 22 February, 2019, 04:59:45 am »
Best of luck with getting a job Smith. I'm glad to hear you got an interview so quickly. Sometimes thats the hardest part.

I hope all goes well with your sister too.