Main Menu

Life Spugs because...

Started by Dog Deever, 04 March, 2009, 08:00:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dandontdare

I really admire your perspective on this Mike, but I can't pretend to know how it feels (not yet had to face the trauma of inevitable parental mortality). Nobody can avoid death, but a 'good' death is precious - sounds like your mum is getting care and is surrounded by a loving family, so however painful it inevitably is, there are worse ways to go.

Hope the above doesn't sound glib, 'cos I know it's always going to hurt like fuck. Tell her that loads of anonymous geeks around the country (and the world!) are wishing her well  - what does she make of that?

Chin up mate.

Mike Gloady

I told her the other day, she was genuinely touched.  As am I.  I can't possibly express how much knowing the goodwill of you anonymous avatars has helped us both.  I was going to tell my brother earlier but I got choked up and couldn't manage it. 
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

TordelBack

Aw Mike, that's terribly sad news.  I know it's something we all have to face (if we're lucky), but for what little it's worth you and your  family are in my thoughts.

worldshown

Sad to hear how things have deteriorated lately Mike.

For what it's worth, I am my mother's carer now. Nearly lost her to an infection she picked up in hospital but she battled through intensive care. Every day she's still alive is a bonus.

Take care.

Roger Godpleton

I hope you and your family pulls through this loss.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Kerrin

Our thoughts are with you Mike.

SuperSurfer

I'm very moved by your posts Mike. My thoughts are with you and your family.

Bouwel

You and your family take care, Mike.

-Bouwel-
-A person's mind can be changed by reading information on the internet. The nature of this change will be from having no opinion to having a wrong opinion-

The Legendary Shark

My thoughts are with you all.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Odd_Bloke

My thoughts and prayers are with you and yours.

SmallBlueThing

As I've said elsewhere Mike- if you need anything, please don't hesitate to ask. I know the anonymous wishes of comic-fans whom you don't know from Adam can't possibly make it any "better", but it's all we can do, sadly. I hope you manage to summon the strength to come through this... you seem a damn site stronger than I think I would be in a similar situation. But I know that appearances can deceive. Thinking of you, anyway.

SBT

Richmond Clements

What they all said.
You'e a brave man, Mike. Stronger, I think, than I would be in the same situation.

Peter Wolf

I have been through all this with a very close relative so i know what you are going through.

Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Mike Gloady

Thanks everyone.  Getting this heads-up that it's soon is a lot easier than my dad who just went without warning with a heart attack while climbing the stairs one day.  I've been my mum's carer for a while now and I've known it'd be sooner than later for a while.  This way I get to make every memory count and they're all great.

Sample follows.

MUM: "Mikey, you've been great this past year.  Do I ever tell you that?"

MIKE: "Yeah mum, you say it all the time."

MUM: "Yeah, I'm an awful liar." *squeezes hand and laughs*
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

Banners

Nice post, Mike. Best wishes,

M@