Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Life is sometimes sort of okay because...  (Read 273806 times)

TordelBack

• CALL-ME-KENNETH!
  • Thunder Chops is dragged off, gnashing...
    • View Profile
Re: Life is sometimes sort of okay because...
« Reply #2460 on: 27 November, 2020, 12:08:02 PM »
Have you checked your bilges for algae barons and Steersmen?

JayzusB.Christ

• Bionic Fingers
  • Squealing meat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2461 on: 27 November, 2020, 12:45:44 PM »
Have you checked your bilges for algae barons and Steersmen?

There definitely used to be something else here that's missing now.  A piece of furniture, or something.  Just can't put a finger on what it was.
“Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest”

shaolin_monkey

• Battle Hardened War Robot
  • Bananas For The Win!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2462 on: 27 November, 2020, 12:57:36 PM »
Can I just check... you haven’t just suddenly realized what it is that has been going wrong all this time, and finally know how the world could be made a good and happy place, have you? That this time it is right, it will work, and no one will have to get nailed to anything?

TordelBack

• CALL-ME-KENNETH!
  • Thunder Chops is dragged off, gnashing...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2463 on: 27 November, 2020, 01:00:24 PM »
There definitely used to be something else here that's missing now.  A piece of furniture, or something.  Just can't put a finger on what it was.

Boss.

sheridan

• Bionic Fingers
    • View Profile
    • Wilde Wood
« Reply #2464 on: 01 December, 2020, 11:03:50 AM »
Can I just check... you haven’t just suddenly realized what it is that has been going wrong all this time, and finally know how the world could be made a good and happy place, have you? That this time it is right, it will work, and no one will have to get nailed to anything?

If that is the case - make sure you write it down, otherwise you'll forget (or the Earth will be destroyed by a Constructor Fleet).

JayzusB.Christ

• Bionic Fingers
  • Squealing meat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2465 on: 06 December, 2020, 04:41:18 PM »

If that is the case - make sure you write it down, otherwise you'll forget (or the Earth will be destroyed by a Constructor Fleet).

Forgot to say, that post inspired me to download the radio play of the Hitchhikers Guide. Never heard the actual play before; in fact i didn't even know the play existed before the book
“Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest”

Funt Solo

• Bionic Fingers
  • Liveware Problem
    • View Profile
« Reply #2466 on: 20 December, 2020, 03:02:45 AM »

++ map ++ thrills ++ coma ++

von Boom

• Battle Hardened War Robot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2467 on: 10 February, 2021, 01:45:10 PM »
Sometimes karma really does work. After the kerfuffle with having to move out of my last place because the landlord thought he could make a packet flogging his slum I heard through the grapevine that he couldn't get anyone to buy it at any price and has been forced to put it up for rent again (at an outrageous price still) and has been carrying all his costs in the meantime so he's rather desperate from what I gather. I hope he enjoys the sleepless nights me and the missus suffered through when he violated our rights.

Barrington Boots

• Sentient Tea Bot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2468 on: 15 February, 2021, 01:06:30 PM »
Just seen a beautiful little kingfisher down by the river. He kept ahead of me before diving underwater and coming up with a tiny fish in his beak which he promptly wolfed down.
Day made.
You're a dark horse, Boots.

JayzusB.Christ

• Bionic Fingers
  • Squealing meat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2469 on: 16 February, 2021, 01:35:43 PM »
Lovely.  I've lived in a canal boat for more than three years and haven't seen any yet - I even painted one on a neighbour's boat once. 
I have seen a few on boating trips with my Dad though; they're truly amazing-looking things.

The Legendary Shark

• CALL-ME-KENNETH!
  • Tip: Sharks only attack you if you're wet.
    • View Profile
    • The Sharkpool Blog
« Reply #2470 on: 16 February, 2021, 02:40:46 PM »

I glimpsed one once - a truly mesmerising colour, unlike anything else I've seen. I remember it making my day as well.

~~~^~~~~~~~

"All men, by nature, desire to know."

https://www.giffgaff.com/orders/affiliate/the_legendary_shark

Blog.