Main Menu

Chopper graphic novels etc?

Started by klute, 16 June, 2009, 07:05:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

klute

Hi all im not sure if you can help but does nayone know if its possible to get the chopper stories in a graphic novel ?

Im aware if i remember that far back there was a few stories and was wondering if its at all possible to obtain all of them?
loveforstitch - Does he fall in love? I like a little romance in all my movies.

Rekaert - Yes, he demonstrates it with bullets, punches and sentencing.

He's Mega City 1's own Don Juan.

vzzbux

A couple of months ago the megazine did a Chopper graphic novel, just trawl t'internet for the back issue and voila, also try the illustrious E-BAY.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

radiator

Chopper has appeared in the following stories:

Unamerican Graffitti - 2000AD progs 206/207
The Midnight Surfer - 2000AD progs 424-429
Oz - 2000AD progs 545-570
Soul On Fire - 2000AD progs 595-597
Song of the Surfer - 2000AD progs 654-665
Earth, Wind and Fire - Judge Dredd Megazine Volume 1 #1-6
Dead Man's Curve - Judge Dredd Megazine Volume 2 #36
Supersurf 13 - 2000AD progs 964-971
The Big Meg - 2000AD progs 1387-1394

Unamerican Graffiti appears in The Complete Judge Dredd Case Files 04

The Midnight Surfer appears in The Complete Judge Dredd Case Files 09

Oz appears in The Complete Judge Dredd Case Files 11

All of the Case Files are in print and widely available.

Song of the Surfer exists as an out of print graphic novel, and was also reprinted in Classic 2000AD #7, and more recently as a mini 2 part graphic novel (also featuring the Chopper story Soul On Fire) given away with the Judge Dredd Megazine - check eBay.

Earth, Wind and Fire was reprinted in Classic 2000ad #8 years ago - again check eBay.

Dead Man's Curve, Supersurf 13 and The Big Meg have never been reprinted.

I really think Rebellion are missing a trick by not collecting all the Chopper solo series in one big graphic novel.

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: "radiator"I really think Rebellion are missing a trick by not collecting all the Chopper solo series in one big graphic novel.

I'd buy it!
@jamesfeistdraws

TordelBack

Mmmm.  I think this is feasible now the Casefiles have all the Dredd Choppers back in print - you could just star with Soul on Fire and go from there.  Even so, I'd like to see Unamerican Graffiti and Midnight Surfer included in any collection (they're too essential to defining the character to omit, and you could have the colour splashes too), even if it had to include a note after the latter saying:  See Chopper's adventures in Oz in Judge Dredd Casefiles 11!   I was really impressed reading Song of the Surfer again in the Meg GN, and I'm almost keen to try the Ennis stories again now.

klute

Thanks for the help in all honesty the chopper character as a whole is by far one of my favourite characters and wouldnt mind paying for the complete set of stories even if that meant buying them via seperate graphic books...........though one or 2 books would be better.
loveforstitch - Does he fall in love? I like a little romance in all my movies.

Rekaert - Yes, he demonstrates it with bullets, punches and sentencing.

He's Mega City 1's own Don Juan.