Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Wot I Ate On My Holidays  (Read 46135 times)

Buttonman

• Bionic Fingers
    • View Profile
Re: Wot I Ate On My Holidays
« Reply #750 on: 16 November, 2017, 07:09:27 pm »
We did venture out once or twice from our compound to mixed results. Here's me in local Indian 'Spicy Affair'.

Sadly the promised affair was barely a peck on the cheek, This chicken tikka was OK but not char-grilled or spicy enough for my liking and there was no oniony base to speak of.

The main course (well done Wife on the wide angled shot) was disappointing. I went for the lamb bhuna and sadly it could have qualified as a vegetarian offering. You'd get more lamb on Larry's pecker! The rice, onions and base sauce were fine but a couple of chewy, microscopic bits of unidentifiable meat ain't gonna cut it. The peshwari nan was OK but I've had better but at leat the wine was good - a 3.2 on Vivino for about £10.

Buttonman

• Bionic Fingers
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: 17 November, 2017, 07:16:43 pm »
In the hotel sports bar again - well it was free.

These ribs were immense practically a steak's worth of meat on each of the 3 doublers that comprised the portion. The skinny chips were a bit lost in the meat frenzy but I did like the ubiquitous Jack Daniels sauce.

If that wasn't enough colon clogging here's me in the hotel dining room with a nice steak. It was probably a different night but Imigur is in charge of the photo ordering.

I was a bit cautious going in but the meat was good quality and the lady cooking the steaks let you have a look at the innards before you claimed it so you had the desired level of bloodiness. I also have on my plate creamy mash, grilled chilies and chips as is required by Scottish law.

Buttonman

• Bionic Fingers
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: 19 November, 2017, 02:03:53 pm »
Back at Champs for my only burger of the trip and it was a good one. Home made and very meaty. I had to abandon half the bun to make sure I kept up my meat quotient for the day.

Here's another fruity breakfast with added yogurt and banana and a cameo from Michael Carroll in the background!

Buttonman

• Bionic Fingers
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: 20 November, 2017, 08:05:07 pm »
Another lunch at Champs - we really should have gotten out more. This pizza looks like a brown frisbee but was in fact a tasty barbecue and bacon number. Note the wife experimenting with different camera angles - she has been told!

And one more Champs offering - to be fair to me I had something different every time, even when I found something I liked. Case in point is this very nice fish and chips with home made chunky tartar sauce. Yum!