Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Threadjacking!  (Read 378738 times)

Hawkmumbler

• Bionic Fingers
    • View Profile
    • http://hawkmonger.deviantart.com/
Re: Threadjacking!
« Reply #6480 on: 18 January, 2019, 10:24:46 am »
I’m having American Shitter flash backs. God almighty, what was Mills THINKING?!

Bolt-01

• Global Moderator
  • CALL-ME-KENNETH!
  • It ain't called ZARJAZ fer nuthin'!
    • View Profile
    • FutureQuake Press
« Reply #6481 on: 18 January, 2019, 01:41:29 pm »
American Reaper!

I'd clean forgotten the title of that particular tale entirely.

Mister Pops

• Battle Hardened War Robot
  • You're Goddamn right!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6482 on: 18 January, 2019, 02:22:16 pm »
"Like shooting fish in a barrel" is a shite idiom for a simple task.

First you have to get a barrel, fill it with water, then catch a fish, somehow get the slippery fucker in the barrel, then get a gun, load the gun, get ear protection (I don't know if you've ever fired a gun, but they're bastard loud), and fire the gun at the barrel. Once you've done all that, your barrel is rendered useless and it's leaking diluted fish guts everywhere.

In conclusion "Shooting fish in a barrel" is an altogether convoluted and messy way to dispatch a fish, not simple and straight forward at all. The better way to kill a fish is called "Fishing", it's even a shorter and simpler one word affair.

I propose a new modern version:

"Like causing outrage on twitter"

Just ask the folks at Gilette
You may quote me on that.

von Boom

• Battle Hardened War Robot
    • View Profile
« Reply #6483 on: 18 January, 2019, 02:33:00 pm »
Not ready. Bah.

Smith

• Posting Machine
    • View Profile
« Reply #6484 on: 18 January, 2019, 09:42:41 pm »
In what movie somebody makes a similar case for "taking a candy from a baby"?  :-\

Dandontdare

• Bionic Fingers
    • View Profile
« Reply #6485 on: 20 January, 2019, 09:24:04 pm »
this is fun - go to Unread posts, select ALL unread posts and go to the last page to see what this board was talking about 15 years ago. I've just read through an absolutely hilarious 4 page argument between Scojo (former resident troll and dickhead of this parish) vs Si Spurrier, Gordon Rennie, Jim Campbell and WR Logan about how his future shock idea is so much better than anything Alan Moore or John  Wagner could write, despite all evidence to the contrary.

Plus a few good thread ideas that I may necro-resurrect (or start afresh claiming the credit for the idea)

« Last Edit: 20 January, 2019, 09:27:04 pm by Dandontdare »

JayzusB.Christ

• Bionic Fingers
  • Squealing meat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6486 on: 20 January, 2019, 11:38:09 pm »
this is fun - go to Unread posts, select ALL unread posts and go to the last page to see what this board was talking about 15 years ago. I've just read through an absolutely hilarious 4 page argument between Scojo (former resident troll and dickhead of this parish) vs Si Spurrier, Gordon Rennie, Jim Campbell and WR Logan about how his future shock idea is so much better than anything Alan Moore or John  Wagner could write, despite all evidence to the contrary.

Plus a few good thread ideas that I may necro-resurrect (or start afresh claiming the credit for the idea)

Sweet feck, I'd forgotten about scojo.  Sharky recently described a dream he had that was a better future shock by miles than anything Scojo had done.  (Sometimes, having serious mental issues doesn't save you from being a gobshite.)
“Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest”

Trout

• CALL-ME-KENNETH!
  • "Because I hate you."
    • View Profile
« Reply #6487 on: Today at 12:03:24 am »
I enjoy Brussels sprouts cooked in maple syrup and garlic.

Funt Solo

• Bionic Fingers
    • View Profile
« Reply #6488 on: Today at 01:34:10 am »
fate amenable to change