Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Last game played...  (Read 233914 times)

Link Prime

• Battle Hardened War Robot
    • View Profile
Re: Last game played...
« Reply #2400 on: 22 November, 2019, 02:28:30 pm »
Gamestop have a pretty good sale on right now - I picked up physical / new PS4 copies of Yooka Laylee, Agony and Rime for €20 the other day.

Rime has been on my watch-list for ages (really wanted to get it on the Switch, but the price never seemed to drop).
It's a relaxing and gorgeous looking game in the same vein as Breath of the Wild, but pretty much without any combat.
Seems to be a bit short unfortunately - I dug deep into it last night, and not sure if I've much longer to go.
But damn, great game.
« Last Edit: 22 November, 2019, 02:31:55 pm by Link Prime »

Link Prime

• View Profile
« Reply #2401 on: 22 November, 2019, 02:31:06 pm »

Played through a game in a oner last night called What Remains of Edith Finch? which has been sitting on my shame pile for a while.

It's a couple of years old so this is probably old news to most, but it's brilliant.

Brilliant game, and the 2nd best ever use of John Carpenter's Halloween theme.

Keef Monkey

• I knew you'd say that...
    • View Profile
    • POPOLAC
« Reply #2402 on: 25 November, 2019, 10:17:47 am »
Played through another short but great game called Stories Untold (I played on PC but probably available on other stuff, although the format is definitely perfect for mouse and keyboard play).

It's made up for 4 chapters with each one being slightly mechanically different but all very absorbing - as a couple of examples the first plays like an old '80s text adventure, and there's one where you're a lonely radio operator in a Thing style antarctic base, having to use an in-world manual to decode transmissions you're picking up - I haven't taken so many notes for a game in ages!).

Really satisfying gentle puzzle-solving and some absolutely fantastic writing and presentation, it's massively absorbing and pretty crazy how much atmosphere they wring out of some very simple set-ups. Playing in the dark with headphones on was quite the experience.

Also played through the Stasis Interrupted DLC for Aliens: Colonial Marines, because I heard that it has a canon explanation for how Hicks apparently survived Alien 3. It was a load of nonsense. I did actually quite enjoy the shooting up to a point but the fact they tried to dress up such a fan-fictiony load of gibberish as the official canon is absolutely mental.

Link Prime

• View Profile
« Reply #2403 on: 25 November, 2019, 03:30:33 pm »
Also played through the Stasis Interrupted DLC for Aliens: Colonial Marines, because I heard that it has a canon explanation for how Hicks apparently survived Alien 3. It was a load of nonsense. I did actually quite enjoy the shooting up to a point but the fact they tried to dress up such a fan-fictiony load of gibberish as the official canon is absolutely mental.

Easily one of the worst retcons ever.
Can't believe I tired to platinum that game once upon a time.