Main Menu

Spines

Started by Fleetos, 12 October, 2011, 04:42:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

I, Cosh

Quote from: sheldipez on 30 September, 2013, 08:15:16 PM
I came across this on Reddit - it made me  :'(
Ha! I forgot to post a picture but I was buying Hitman recently and I deliberately bought a second hand copy of an older edition of volume 3 so that I'd have one unnumbered in the run.

I find spine numbering quite vulgar in general. I've never needed it to know how to organise my record collection so I don't feel the need for it on comics.
We never really die.

Skullmo

How dare you mock order!  :'(
It's a joke. I was joking.

COMMANDO FORCES

Exactly, if you don't have order, then you have chaos. How on earth would you find one of your books, if that happens!

Recrewt

HaHa!  :lol:

That has made me laugh out loud in the office.  Mind you - it would drive me mad if they were mine.

Proudhuff

Quote from: The Cosh on 01 October, 2013, 08:43:32 AM
Ha! I forgot to post a picture but I was buying Hitman recently and I deliberately bought a second hand copy of an older edition of volume 3 so that I'd have one unnumbered in the run.

I find spine numbering quite vulgar in general. I've never needed it to know how to organise my record collection so I don't feel the need for it on comics.

He SAYS that but no photo evidence, I think he's just geekbaiting
DDT did a job on me

vark

As the Deluxe Titan edition of Charley's War has reached its end (published over ten year), here are what all the outer and inner spines looks like:

(I have uploaded other pictures about this edition here http://myabsolutecollection.blogspot.com/2012/08/charleys-war-titan-books-classic.html)

Colin YNWA

As a general rule I'm not fussed about this type of thing but the complete Charley's War collection will have such a prized place in my collection that that missing poppy will bug me. Still it will be a thing of beauty when the final volume arrives as those pictures show.

COMMANDO FORCES

I would demand a replacement, immediately!

Skullmo

What is bugging me ist hat the books are not all the same height!
It's a joke. I was joking.

radiator

You say that, but I remember the pre internet days when DC flatly refused to number their trades, apparently the theory being that they thought sequential  numbers would put off browsers. The ONLY way to tell which volume of Preacher or Hellblazer or whatever to buy next was to read the small print on the inside cover to determine which issues it collected. Was always a right pain in the arse.

ThryllSeekyr

Such a pity about the outer spine of number three and as for the dent on the inner spine of number four. I would have sent it back and asked for another.

Trout

Sicko.

I've been buying Hitman recently and I'm kind of horrified that volume five, which is thicker than the others, looks different, spinewise. I can't decide if it's a different edition or just because of the thickness. I will investigate.

Either way, annoying.

TordelBack

It's only a matter of time before thus thread goes the way of Underware [sic].  Pure filth.

Colin Zeal

Everytime this thread reappears it allows me to shake my head at all of you weirdos who think spine design matters.

James Stacey

Every time this thread reappears I give a little cheer. I love this thread.