Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: On telly this week  (Read 85061 times)

Frank

• Bionic Fingers
    • View Profile
Re: On telly this week
« Reply #630 on: 22 December, 2018, 07:21:42 pm »

BBC/Netflix's Watership Down remake looks as if they subcontracted the CG to a bloke called Dave they got talking to down the pub, who swore his brother used to work for Pixar.

Tjm86

• Evil Cyborg
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: 22 December, 2018, 07:43:53 pm »
I know who you mean ... he did work for Pixar ... in the canteen!

Tiplodocus

• Bionic Fingers
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: 15 January, 2019, 03:12:45 pm »
Who read LES MISERABLES and thought "You know, this would make a CRACKING musical!"?

Handsomely mounted and cast but my it has some clunky dialogue.

It took me ages to clock that Felix from episode 1 was the same bloke from the in-house Cineworld advert. Well done mate, I've seen you twice and wanted to twat you on both occasions.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Dandontdare

• Bionic Fingers
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: 22 March, 2019, 03:58:11 pm »
Did anyone think of "it pays to be mental" during this week's Fleabag? (the scene in the garden with the priest)  :lol:

Fungus

• Evil Cyborg
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: 22 March, 2019, 05:22:55 pm »
Didn't but you're right  :)

Jim_Campbell

• 2000AD Creator
  • CALL-ME-KENNETH!
  • Letterer to the Stars! (and PJ)
    • View Profile
    • deviantArt Gallery
« Reply #635 on: 14 April, 2019, 11:20:05 pm »
Is none of you freakin’ mothercrunchers watching Doom Patrol?! There’s been a lot of variation from the Morrison/Case series but it’s unmistakably based on that version. It’s annoyingly hard to make sense of the timeline sometimes, and they’ve divorced Mr Nobody from the ‘Painting That Ate Paris’ plotline, but there are great raw slabs of that Morrison run chucked at the screen in a way I genuinely never thought I’d see. Seriously. SPOILERS-> Willoughby Kipling. The Decreator. Danny the Street. The Underground. Driver 8 and Black fucking Annis, fer chrissake.

I will say that one area the series deviates from the Morrison version is with the Negative Man, but the Larry stuff has been excellent. I can’t step back from the source material, so maybe this makes NO SENSE to everyone else, but I’ve shed genuine tears of joy at seeing comics that meant so much to me rendered faithfully as live action. Brendan Fraser just is Cliff Steele and Diane Guerrero fucking kills it as Crazy Jane.

Nine episodes in and I never expected to see this much Grant Morrison on my TV screen. And I have fuckin’ S2 of Happy as well!

« Last Edit: 14 April, 2019, 11:24:30 pm by Jim_Campbell »
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Radbacker

• Posting Machine
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: 15 April, 2019, 08:08:56 am »
Yes I'm enjoying Doom Patrol imensly, much more the Titans, Aloong with Cliff and Crazy Jane Mr Nobody is another highlight for me he also does a great job as the narrator in a wonderful Morrison meta way.   Danny the Street episode was just class.
Didn't know Happy season 2 had dropped my gut have to have a poke around see where it's at or when it might drop on Netflix.

CU Radbacker

Dandontdare

• Bionic Fingers
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: 15 April, 2019, 11:45:38 am »
... waiting (impatiently) for it to arrive on netflix