Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Ipad Pro 12.9 for reading Progs..opinions?  (Read 1653 times)

Fungus

• Evil Cyborg
    • View Profile
Re: Ipad Pro 12.9 for reading Progs..opinions?
« Reply #15 on: 08 November, 2018, 01:09:33 am »
"bizarre quest"?
"quit"?

Asking "have you tried...?" is perfectly reasonable when multiple apps exist for the job. Lighten up, ya silly.

The Adventurer

• Battle Hardened War Robot
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 08 November, 2018, 01:12:55 am »
Chunky is way better then Zeal for my day to day comic reading imo, especially with syncing new comics via local server. It’s new version, I’m currently beta testing, is going to have all kinds of useful new tools for syncing with a my digital comic collection.

I don’t know if it’s changed, but when I was using ComicZeal I was having to physically plug my iPad into my pc every time to sync new releases.
« Last Edit: 08 November, 2018, 01:18:02 am by The Adventurer »

Notable Comics dropping the Week of 01-02-13

Dr Feeley Good

• Prog Stacking Droid
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 08 November, 2018, 08:14:24 am »
Just upgraded my tablet, specifically for comic reading, gone from a old 10"tablet I had, which was a budget one to a Huawei Mediapad M5 10 lite, which is still 10" but the difference is unbelievable, can't believe I put up with the old one for so long!

TordelBack

• CALL-ME-KENNETH!
  • Thunder Chops is dragged off, gnashing...
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 08 November, 2018, 08:25:48 am »
"bizarre quest"?
"quit"?

Asking "have you tried...?" is perfectly reasonable when multiple apps exist for the job. Lighten up, ya silly.

Nothing says 'I have an agenda' like creating a brand new account to accuse someone of having an agenda...  But welcome to the forum all the same topper24hours!

CalHab

• Prog Stacking Droid
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 08 November, 2018, 09:06:05 am »
"bizarre quest"?
"quit"?

Nothing says 'I have an agenda' like creating a brand new account to accuse someone of having an agenda...  But welcome to the forum all the same topper24hours!

While resurrecting a year old thread. Odd behaviour, indeed.

IndigoPrime

• Administrator
  • Bionic Fingers
    • View Profile
    • http://www.craiggrannell.com
« Reply #20 on: 08 November, 2018, 09:15:14 am »
Yeah, bit weird. My day job is mostly an apps beat. I've used them all (er, as in comics readers – not all apps). I recommend Chunky because I believe it to be the better reader on iPad. On iPhone, I'm not really a comics reader, and so don't really have an opinion there right now. (Comic Zeal, for example, is not optimised for iPhone X, let alone the XS Max.) On iPad, Chunky happens to be a cheaper option, too, and is actually updated regularly. (It was last updated in October. Comic Zeal last got an update over two years ago.)

It'll be interesting to see what happens next with Chunky too – I have a beta of the revamp and it has a very different take that, if the dev can get things working, will be just about perfect for how I deal with digital comics.

Oh, and the new iPad Pros are lovely, in case anyone here was wondering. The new 12.9 is smaller than its predecessor, and a little lighter. (Entertainingly, it's now 50g lighter than the original iPad.) The 11in retains the form factor and weight of its predecessor, but has a slightly larger display – although few apps currently take advantage of that. (It's only increased on the long edge, and so most apps currently have black bars, albeit small ones. This means you see the status bar at the top and a bar beneath the Home indicator.)
« Last Edit: 08 November, 2018, 09:17:29 am by IndigoPrime »

Dr Feeley Good

• Prog Stacking Droid
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 08 November, 2018, 09:45:35 am »
I use ComicCat on android and it seems spot on, used to use Comicrack which I liked, but one day it stopped working and even deleting it and reinstalling wouldn't sort it...

Colin YNWA

• CALL-ME-KENNETH!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 08 November, 2018, 09:53:20 pm »
I use ComicCat on android and it seems spot on, used to use Comicrack which I liked, but one day it stopped working and even deleting it and reinstalling wouldn't sort it...

Yeah I lost Comicrack the same way. Such a shame.

I'm trying Astonishing Comics but its far from perfect but I'm too lazy to go for anythign else!