General Chat > Books & Comics

New Comic Book Day Megathread

(1/489) > >>

The Adventurer:
So, as I was probing about in the other thread, every week at a couple of different forums I hang out on I post the new comic shipping list that Diamond has handed down for arriving that week, and then I post my pulls. This is pretty much just a way for me to gush about all the great comics I'm reading these days. And perhaps pick up on what everyone else is reading on a week to week bases, perhaps spurring a bit of discussion.

So since I now know that the other side of the pond gets the same funny books as I do on a regular basis, it seems worth sharing my pull passion her too.

So yeah. Stand by for Comics!

The Adventurer:
NEW COMICS SHIPPING THE WEEK OF 03-07-12

My Pulls
2000 AD #1766 (Technically got this a couple weeks ago. Diamond is notoriously bad at knowing exactly when 2000 AD issues actually are arriving in the US. I think its Quantum or something)
COMPLEAT TERMINAL CITY TP Preview
FAIREST #1 Preview (Latest Fables spin-off!)
FATALE #3
GIRL GENIUS OMNIBUS HC VOL 01 AGATHA AWAKENS (I've been waiting to get into this series for years. I love Deluxe HCs. So shiny)
KING CITY TP (The best comic maxi-series of 2009-2010 gets a snazzy TP. Brandon Graham ownzone)
THE MANHATTAN PROJECTS #1 Preview (New Johnathan Hickman sci-fi series starts here)

COVER GALLERY

Evil Pants:
Great idea!

This week was a fantastic pull week for me. I tend to collect mostly trades, and read the singles digitally so that I'm not behind.

Compleat Terminal City by Michael Lark and Dean Motter

The Boys Vol. 10 by Garth Ennis and John McCrea

Hellboy: The Storm & The Fury by Mike Mignola and Duncan Fegredo

King City: The Complete Collection by Brandon Graham

Fatale #3 by Ed Brubaker and Sean Phillips

Manhattan Projects #1 by Jonathan Hickman and Nick Pitarra

Rachel Rising #6 by Terry Moore

Supurbia #1 by Grace Randolph and Russell Dauterman

So three great collections, and The Boys :-) The big surprise for me was Terminal City. Never read it before, and devoured it last night. Beautiful book. Motter might be the best monologuist in comics. Great work by Michael Lark.

Manhattan Projects was the big winner in terms of new stuff. Can't wait to see how this goes.

Supurbia - I liked this better when it was called Welcome to Tranquility. Sorry.

Evil Pants:
Girl Genius: I tried getting into this series digitally to see if I wanted to get the new deluxe hardcovers....Ummmm...can someone explain to me what I'm missing? I tried, really I did!

von Boom:
Nowt. There was nothing in my sub list this week. Very disappointing.

JvB

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version