Main Menu

Get Fact!

Started by karne, 10 January, 2003, 07:19:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WoD

Fact: the DvD game is now due to be released on my boys 11 month aniversary of his birth date.  Is that a sign to buy the game or what!

Actually feels like a sign to buy an Xbox and a copy of the game, but now I need back up to persuade Mrs WoD.  Any chance of a petition from the boarders?

WoD

Pyroxian

Yes you should buy it, and get Halo, Timesplitters 2 and Knights of the Old Republic while you're at it to.

And a Gamecube for all the other good games ;)

Steve

Devons Daddy

FACT
Actually feels like a sign to buy an Xbox and a copy of the game.

any good father must plan for his sons future. moments of bonding are important steps in this process.
play = bonding. UK = RAIN. XBOX = play/bonding/no worry about rain.
every good parent should consider an XBOX as important as sterlizing equipment and breastfeeding(for baby not daddy).
you are a good parent. you want to be the best possible parent.
(devons mummy only stayed annoyed for three days after the purchase of our XBOX) since then she has not used it. which is a good thing, only dont tell her this.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

Devons Daddy

FACT
Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at an enligsh uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer
in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is
taht frist and lsat ltteer is at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a
toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae
we do not raed ervey lteter by it slef but the wrod as a wlohe.

someone tell wake we no longer need the spell check on this board.
I AM VERY BUSY!

NO 2000ad no life!

WoD

Fact: I'm now living my life vicariously through others... After weeks of gentle persuasion the office monkey as bought an Xbox and I am now required to help him play through Halo.  I'm still working on him getting KOTOR.

Also, It is mine and Mrs WoD anniversary today, so I'm expecting a big boxed pressie when I get home.  Although I know it's gonna be nappies I can always hope it will be chips!

WoD.

Devons Daddy

FACT
HALO
more evidence if any was needed that bill gates and MSN are in fact the devil themselves.
it suck you in and will stop your socail life and interaction with others who have no idea what your talking about.

buts its worth every moment of it.
I AM VERY BUSY!

NO 2000ad no life!

Mr C

FACT
You can waste an entire weekend playing with a double-ender...

Mr C

...Lightsaber.
Ahem.
JEDI FACT

Oddboy

It's October...time for October's Chef's Tip:

As winter creeps closer, seasonal berries make comforting pies and crumbles. Don't wash them under running water as they're fragile things and likely to break up and lose their flavour. Instead soak in still water for a minute or two before gently lifting out and standing on absorbent paper to dry.
Better set your phaser to stun.

WoD

In addition to OB's tip...

If you've picked the berries yourself then add a little salt to the water as it will 'encourage' any grubs or bugs to leave the berries.  Then simply soak again in fresh water to remove any salt residue.

WoD.

Dudley

But don't discard those grubs!  Insects are a source of high-quality protein and nutrients such as iron, calcium and B vitamins.
To make an invertebrate cocktail, consider some or all of the following:
Earthworms - 70% protein and soaking them in water overnight will purge them of soil.
Ants - have a vinegary taste and their juice can be used instead of lemon juice
Moths - said to taste like almonds
Termites - one of the most commonly eaten insects (in Nigeria you can buy termite stock cubes)
Fly larvae (maggots) - rich in calories and protein. Wash in cold water, boil and they're ready to eat.
Crickets - 100g of crickets contains 12g of protein and only 5.5g of fat.
Woodlice - taste like shrimp and are particularly excellent in a quiche
Honey bees - a worldwide favourite, edible at all stages of growth.

Mikey

"Ants - have a vinegary taste and their juice can be used instead of lemon juice"

FACT!
Er,the 'vinegary taste' you refer to is formic acid.No ta,this stuff is nasty!It's actually used to inactivate the prion protein responsible for TSEs,rendering potentially infectious material safer to handle.My God!An actual fact!
(Acetic acid is vinegary FYI)
To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.

WoD

Dudley - Are you scraping out a living on a student budget or in training for the inevitable end of the world situation that PVS is working on?

PS - How many of these, if any, have you tasted?
I think I could go for most of them, at a push, but the ants sound a little risky.

Dudley

Not a one of these have I tasted - being a good vegetarian since I were but a lad of 13.  No, all this helpful advice is to be gleaned from the BBC's website - except the bit about woodlice, which I saw Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall enthusiastically chowing down on once.

The bit about formica acid, though - isn't it all a question of dilution?  Fact search challenge: how many wood ant stings would it take to kill a man?

WoD

Well that would depend; African or European Wood Ant?