Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Last movie watched...  (Read 1247585 times)

von Boom

• Battle Hardened War Robot
    • View Profile
Re: Last movie watched...
« Reply #14355 on: 30 June, 2020, 03:37:21 PM »
Twister is being remade for 2022.

https://www.digitalspy.com/movies/a32964576/twister-remake-back-to-the-future-frank-marshall/

I bet the only thing they keep from the original (aside from a few twisters) is the cow.

Regards,

Robin
And that will be the only good scene.

pictsy

• Prog Stacking Droid
    • View Profile
    • Pictsy on Patreon
« Reply #14356 on: Today at 11:01:07 AM »
Freaks

I think people had mentioned this one on the forum.  I don't remember what was said about it.  I thought it was pretty good.  Unsettling.  Not at all sure what I'm supposed to take away from it.  Be justifiably scared of people who are different to you, because their kids will psychic you to death?  Maybe it's that the circle of violence is imposed onto the marginalised through their persecution?  To be honest, I don't think the film makers had thought much about what messaging their film had, so I'm just left slightly disturbed by the murder child.  Taking it on face value then, it was pretty good.  I liked the way it was shot and the way a limited budget was used to great effect.  I enjoyed it and I'll probably rewatch it in the future.

Oh, the kid actor was a star.

JamesC

• Battle Hardened War Robot
    • View Profile
« Reply #14357 on: Today at 12:25:07 PM »
Hereditary

It was okay. I can't really see what all the fuss was about.
There were some genuinely creepy and surprising moments. The performances were pretty good too.
It's another from the glacial pace/ambient drone soundtrack school of film making though, so it dragged on a bit.

Tiplodocus

• Bionic Fingers
    • View Profile
« Reply #14358 on: Today at 06:44:58 PM »
WATCHMEN
In prep for the TV show. Mrs Tips had a real go at me for making her watch it. She knows nothing of the comics but her main gripe was how the women were portrayed and how they, along with the violence, we're fetishised. And thinking back, yeah Laurie and Sally get pretty shoddily treated in the comic too.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!