Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Lack of love for the bundled "floppies"?  (Read 45181 times)

Tjm86

• Evil Cyborg
    • View Profile
Re: Lack of love for the bundled "floppies"?
« Reply #360 on: 15 January, 2018, 07:57:44 pm »
Might it just be a collection of various text stories or articles from annuals and specials?

Now that might not be such a bad idea, you know.  Some of the stuff that has been printed over the years does have some interesting little gems.  I wouldn't object to an edition reprinting some of the intro's from Titan's Dredd reprints.  IIRC the various Apocalypse War volumes have always had slightly different versions that add a little more insight each time.  Better than having seven different versions on our shelves.  (shuffles away guiltily)   ::)

sheridan

• Battle Hardened War Robot
    • View Profile
    • Wilde Wood
« Reply #361 on: 15 January, 2018, 10:07:43 pm »
The floppy for Meg 395 is apparently going to be a "Nemesis the Warlock monograph", though it isn't clear from the solicitation whether it will be 64 pages of just that or whether it will be backed up with something else - https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/01/13/rebellion-april-2018-solicits/

I'm guessing there are no buyers of the Ultimate collection here...? The text piece in the back of the Nemesis books open 'taken from Rebellion's forthcoming Nemesis the Warlock: A monograph'.

Unfortunately not - I've got the original progs, the Eagle reprint, selected 'Best of 2000AD monthly' reprints, Titan reprints, the black and silver Titan reprint and couldn't really justify getting it all again, just for the few pages of support material - it was tempting though.  I had noticed the mention of the monograph on the Bleeding Cool page though - really looking forward to it - I think of Nemesis Book III as being the story that got me properly in to 2000AD (even though it didn't start until a month or two until I started buying the progs).

Link Prime

• View Profile
« Reply #362 on: 16 January, 2018, 11:28:09 pm »
I've got the original progs, the Eagle reprint, selected 'Best of 2000AD monthly' reprints, Titan reprints, the black and silver Titan reprint and couldn't really justify getting it all again

Not the kind of casual fan this forum normally attracts - buck up boyo!

I like the sound of this Nemesis 'monograph', not a bad idea for the floppy.

Tjm86

• Evil Cyborg
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: 17 January, 2018, 05:58:16 am »
 :lol:

JayzusB.Christ

• Bionic Fingers
  • Squealing meat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: 26 April, 2018, 07:08:30 am »
I was very happy with the Nemesis thing this month. More of this kind of thing, please, Tharg, instead of strips I've read already.
“Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest”

Magnetica

• Posting Machine
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: 12 May, 2018, 05:24:27 pm »
Really surprised to see a story like Block Judge turn up in a floppy. After all it is a top quality Wagner & Ezquerra Dredd and there has been no track record of the real A list stuff in the floppy.

Woolly

• View Profile
« Reply #366 on: 12 May, 2018, 08:42:59 pm »
Really surprised to see a story like Block Judge turn up in a floppy. After all it is a top quality Wagner & Ezquerra Dredd and there has been no track record of the real A list stuff in the floppy.

Yeah, it's one hell of a treat this month.
I'm moving house at the moment, and as such have been packing loads of progs/megs/floppies - and by Grud, the sheer amount of *absolutely free* floppies is astounding! So many that I set aside for later and then forgot about, catching up is gonna be fun  :thumbsup:

Tharg is truly the most giving of benevolent, alien masters!