Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Bargains/deals thread (?)  (Read 63022 times)

Colin YNWA

• CALL-ME-KENNETH!
    • View Profile
Re: Bargains/deals thread (?)
« Reply #510 on: 19 January, 2019, 02:37:46 pm »
Criminal is fantastic (not news!). Read vol. 1 and have the rest lined up  :)
Including the brand new series - in trade form when that happens, eventually.

I think the new series, in floppie at least, is waiting or me in my nerd shop just haven't picked it up yet. Have to say its the one Brubaker Phillips series I've not got to yet so really looking forward to it.

As for Cholly and Flytrap I had a couple of the 'prestige' format comics back in the day and they were pretty good fun. Not read this but it looks glorious and the post apocalyptic wonders ideas really appeals ... for like £2.99 hardback at 250ish pages and originally retailing for £23 its gotta be worth a punt.

I, Cosh

• Bionic Fingers
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: 21 February, 2019, 02:18:38 pm »
Big IDW sale on Comixology at the moment. I almost bought the Anderson trade until a nagging little voice at the back of my head sent me off to doublecheck. Sure enough, there was the IDW Dredd humble bundle sitting forlorn and undownloaded in my inbox for more than a year.
We never really die.

tonyf33

• New Arrival
  • Mek-Quakes Leftovers
    • View Profile
Free ComicScene Mug and launch sale on in February
« Reply #512 on: 22 February, 2019, 07:37:15 am »
You can get a FREE ComicScene mug with any 6 or 12 month subscription in print or digital before the end of February on the ComicScene website at www.comicscene.tictail.com - copies work out cheaper than in the shops and you also get free P&P

The site also has a launch sale for ComicScene Volume 2 issue 1 - lots of back issue bargains to be had!  Check it out at www.comicscene.tictail.com

Mardroid

• Bionic Fingers
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: 23 February, 2019, 10:54:40 am »
Is it my imagination or is there a freaky starey eye thing going on the cover of Comic Scene volume 2?

And nice to see Luke get into football on another cover. *

*Sorry, not a criticism of the art. Just a joke about the similarity in hairstyle with Luke Skywalker and Roy, there. I’m sure it’s a 70s early 80s thing.

IndigoPrime

• Administrator
  • Bionic Fingers
    • View Profile
    • http://www.craiggrannell.com
« Reply #514 on: 27 February, 2019, 07:09:25 pm »
Humble Bundle's doing Star Trek.

Leigh S

• Bionic Fingers
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: 15 March, 2019, 08:29:01 pm »
Just picked up the recent Freeway Fighter collection from Mssrs Ewington, Coleby (and that there Jim Campbell) for £2.99 in Birmingham's Forbidden Planet - with Ian Livingstone and alls signed postcard thing!

Rately

• Sentient Tea Bot
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: 17 March, 2019, 11:01:52 am »
Comixology have a Dark Horse sake currently, and you get extra off the sale items if you enter DH50 at checkout.

Picked up the four Hellbiy omnibuses, aling with the two short story compilations for £14!

Looking forward to finally reading some Hellboy.

IndigoPrime

• Administrator
  • Bionic Fingers
    • View Profile
    • http://www.craiggrannell.com
« Reply #517 on: 17 March, 2019, 01:42:32 pm »
That is _ludicrously_ good value, for anyone who's not so far delved into Hellboy.

Rately

• Sentient Tea Bot
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: 17 March, 2019, 05:11:22 pm »
That is _ludicrously_ good value, for anyone who's not so far delved into Hellboy.

It is bonkers value!

Timothy

• Sentient Tea Bot
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: 17 March, 2019, 05:18:42 pm »
I just got the first omnibus with a Christmas book token, and I have now completed the collection for under £12!!!

Rately

• Sentient Tea Bot
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: 16 July, 2019, 02:30:54 pm »
I just got the first omnibus with a Christmas book token, and I have now completed the collection for under £12!!!

Amazing comics. The Mignola art is astonishing.

Comixology running a DC comics sale. If you pop any of The Sandman graphic novels in your digital trolley, and apply the code DC60, you can pick up all ten volumes for £12.

Lots of other great stuff like the 100 Bullets compendiums going for ridiculous money.

I, Cosh

• Bionic Fingers
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: 17 July, 2019, 04:27:39 pm »
Comixology running a DC comics sale. If you pop any of The Sandman graphic novels in your digital trolley, and apply the code DC60, you can pick up all ten volumes for £12.
I noticed the Sandman sale earlier in the week but with this on top it's almost crazy not to. What do you mean I already own them all? They're stuck in a box in another country (called Kirkintilloch.)
We never really die.

Rately

• Sentient Tea Bot
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: 17 July, 2019, 06:15:57 pm »
I noticed the Sandman sale earlier in the week but with this on top it's almost crazy not to. What do you mean I already own them all? They're stuck in a box in another country (called Kirkintilloch.)

I had five volumes of The Sandman to collect, Got all the 100 Bullets compendiums AND The Immortal Hulk collections, thus far, for ridiculous money!

The Adventurer

• Battle Hardened War Robot
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: Today at 12:35:48 am »
I ended up paying 40 cents an issue for the Simon Spurrier Dreaming series (I wish I’d realized this sale was happening last week when got all the new Books of Magic series for a dollar each). I should probably grab those 2 dollar Sandman trades now, instead of hating myself for missing them, later. I’ve never read OG Gaiman Sandman.

Notable Comics dropping the Week of 01-02-13

Bolt-01

• Global Moderator
  • CALL-ME-KENNETH!
  • It ain't called ZARJAZ fer nuthin'!
    • View Profile
    • FutureQuake Press
« Reply #524 on: Today at 09:31:18 am »
Immortal Hul V2 & V3 for me. Nice!