Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Bargains/deals thread (?)  (Read 65021 times)

Rately

• Sentient Tea Bot
    • View Profile
Re: Bargains/deals thread (?)
« Reply #525 on: 18 July, 2019, 09:49:30 am »
Immortal Hul V2 & V3 for me. Nice!

Really looking forward to reading them.

I am a massive Peter David Hulk fan, but I've found the majority of stuff since he left the title underwhelming. Al Ewing on Hulk? As good as I thought it would be and looking forward to seeing what crazy shite he can come up with.

BPP

• Posting Machine
    • View Profile
    • Futureshock'd: At least the pictures are nice.
« Reply #526 on: 21 July, 2019, 12:07:05 pm »
Garth Ennis, Al Ewing, Carlos Ezquerra, PJ Holden and a host of others in the Garth Ennis / The Boys Humble Bundle.

https://www.humblebundle.com/books/garth-ennis-and-more-books
If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

TordelBack

• CALL-ME-KENNETH!
  • Thunder Chops is dragged off, gnashing...
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: 21 July, 2019, 12:48:05 pm »
Woah, thats good - three volumes of Battlefields in there!

Colin YNWA

• CALL-ME-KENNETH!
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: 07 August, 2019, 09:31:55 am »
Don't know how much of a baragin it is but love it when you make an unplanned and previously unconsidered purchase of a bulk lot. Potting on my holidays in Brighton and aiming to get the boy child the latest Looshkin collection ('Maddest cat in the world' by Jamie Smart a strip from the magnificent Phoenix - highly recommended, but tangential to this tale) we popped to Dave's Comics.

Now first things first Dave's Comics  is a brilliant shop, loved it... well its two shop next door (but one) to each other but it a delight. Anyway I was wondering around and found a complete set of Marvel UK Planet of the Apes for £1 each... I was so tempted but decided to leave it and have a think. One lunch stop later and I was on my way back to the car with the full set (well less 4 but that was more to do with my counting rather than anything else) for a little over £100.

Result!

Rately

• Sentient Tea Bot
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: 07 August, 2019, 09:43:32 am »
Don't know how much of a baragin it is but love it when you make an unplanned and previously unconsidered purchase of a bulk lot. Potting on my holidays in Brighton and aiming to get the boy child the latest Looshkin collection ('Maddest cat in the world' by Jamie Smart a strip from the magnificent Phoenix - highly recommended, but tangential to this tale) we popped to Dave's Comics.

Now first things first Dave's Comics  is a brilliant shop, loved it... well its two shop next door (but one) to each other but it a delight. Anyway I was wondering around and found a complete set of Marvel UK Planet of the Apes for £1 each... I was so tempted but decided to leave it and have a think. One lunch stop later and I was on my way back to the car with the full set (well less 4 but that was more to do with my counting rather than anything else) for a little over £100.

Result!

Love Jamie Smart.

Just wish we could have more Corporate Skull.

Link Prime

• Battle Hardened War Robot
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: 16 August, 2019, 11:49:08 am »

I was so tempted but decided to leave it and have a think. One lunch stop later and I was on my way back to the car with the full set (well less 4 but that was more to do with my counting rather than anything else) for a little over £100.

I love this kind of anecdote as I, like many here I assume, can totally sympathize with moments of nerd madness such as this.

IndigoPrime

• Administrator
  • Bionic Fingers
    • View Profile
    • http://www.craiggrannell.com
« Reply #531 on: 16 August, 2019, 02:46:07 pm »
Love Jamie Smart.
I finally found a Phoenix after weeks of searching locally. I really wanted to like it more than I did. Hopefully, it’ll click when I try another. (I think it also flummoxed the child a bit too much – mini-IP is only five. The Beano seems to go down well, though, as we transition away from Hey Duggee magazine and the like.)