Main Menu

Bargains and deals

Started by sheldipez, 07 March, 2013, 09:54:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

karlos

Done just to spite me, no doubt  :)

A shame.

Wonder if they're joust going to reprint the trades?

IndigoPrime

I was starting to think Humble Bundle had given up on comics, but it's now back with... Spawn. Not sure this is my bag, but if you want 180+ issues of Spawn for 12 quid:

https://www.humblebundle.com/books/spawn-2020-image-comics-books

Tomwe

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 15 January, 2020, 07:46:03 PM
I was starting to think Humble Bundle had given up on comics, but it's now back with... Spawn. Not sure this is my bag, but if you want 180+ issues of Spawn for 12 quid:

https://www.humblebundle.com/books/spawn-2020-image-comics-books
I'd only really be interested if it included the first 100 as well, so my wallet is happy.

Rately

What Spawn I've read has been a mixed bag. I really enjoyed some of the Sam and Twitch stuff, but the main comic, despite sometimes having quite jaw dropping art seemed to be a mess in the storytelling department.

karlos

The David Hine run is good and the Sam & Twitch by Bendis is OK, but yeah, apart from those, mostly it's been the ultimate "art over story" comic since day one.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: karlos on 16 January, 2020, 11:45:08 AM
The David Hine run is good and the Sam & Twitch by Bendis is OK, but yeah, apart from those, mostly it's been the ultimate "art over story" comic since day one.

Oh interesting didn't realise David Hine had done a run. What issues if I may be so bold... and also too lazy to do a quick Google search...

karlos

Colin - #151 to #184, I believe.

IIRC, correctly this had the "Man of Miracles" storyline?

karlos

Good ol' Wiki lets me donw again - Hine wrote #150 as well!

(I should've remembered that as it was impossible to get back in the day).

IndigoPrime

Bolt-01

comiXology are doing the set of Locke & Key as a bundle for £10.99 gbp.

Linky-Clicky

I've read the first two volumes via comichaus but this is too good an opportunity.

Colin YNWA

Wow that's a great deal. If you don't own Locke and Key and do digital I can't recommend this highly enough.

broodblik

The first volume is also 99c/p @ comixology
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Timothy

Quote from: Bolt-01 on 07 February, 2020, 10:09:43 PM
comiXology are doing the set of Locke & Key as a bundle for £10.99 gbp.

Linky-Clicky

I've read the first two volumes via comichaus but this is too good an opportunity.
Now there's a strong chance I'm being thick, but I can't see the bundle on that link. I can see the individual books all reduced, but no bundle, and the books add up to quite a bit more. Can anybody help an idiot find this bargain?

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Timothy