Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Preacher (TV Series)...  (Read 25282 times)

The Enigmatic Dr X

• Bionic Fingers
    • View Profile
Re: Preacher (TV Series)...
« Reply #240 on: 20 September, 2017, 07:36:14 pm »
Amazon Prime exclusive, Huff.
Lock up your spoons!

Tiplodocus

• Bionic Fingers
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: 09 March, 2018, 12:00:08 am »
Just got t the end of Season 2.

I should have bailed earlier. Despite a couple of cracking episodes it is tedious stuff with gross misrepresentations of the key characters.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

radiator

• Bionic Fingers
  • A fry without beans is a mere meat collage.
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: 09 March, 2018, 03:21:02 am »
I had high hopes as I like the cast and I thought the pilot was really promising, but it's just not very good, is it? I watched almost to the end of season 1, but the show just felt turgid and really quite boring, and it really struggled to find a consistent tone.

Surprised it's been renewed for a third season, tbh.

Mattofthespurs

• Posting Machine
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: 09 March, 2018, 07:42:49 am »
The second season is much, much stronger and starts to go somewhere where I thought the first season spent too long introducing characters at the expense of the story.

If you watch the first 2 episodes of the second season and still don't like it then yes, it's not for you.

DrRocka

• Sentient Tea Bot
    • View Profile
    • The Gospel According To Keefe
« Reply #244 on: 09 March, 2018, 07:55:10 am »
The second season started with a couple of crackers and had an absolutely fantastic one with Herr Starr, then proceeded to blow it by having a run right til the end that was simply dull. How the hell d’you make a tv show based on PREACHER that’s DULL?

That said, my mates who’ve never read the comic seem to all love it, so maybe it’s just those of us that love the comic feel a bit cheated? I know I’d have enjoyed the show more if they hadn’t made Jesse into an insufferable prick. And actually included Tulip in it somewhere.
Never ever bloody anything ever

Theblazeuk

• Evil Cyborg
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: 09 March, 2018, 09:55:08 am »
I think you'll find Jessie was always an insufferable prick (but Tordel's critique of Preacher is much better than anything I could write). Preacher has its moments but always slows right down as it starts to get sufficiently gonzo.

Tiplodocus

• Bionic Fingers
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: 09 March, 2018, 12:05:07 pm »
The second season is much, much stronger and starts to go somewhere where I thought the first season spent too long introducing characters at the expense of the story.

If you watch the first 2 episodes of the second season and still don't like it then yes, it's not for you.

I really liked the opening of Season 2. In fact I can probably be found singing it's praises on the box set addiction thread. But it just ground to a halt and became a slog to get through.

And I finished Smallville!
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

The Monarch

• Battle Hardened War Robot
  • Undercover
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: 09 March, 2018, 01:18:25 pm »
i like the tv show version of herr starr but err thats about it

JayzusB.Christ

• Bionic Fingers
  • Squealing meat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: 03 April, 2018, 10:32:05 am »
I think you'll find Jessie was always an insufferable prick

What he said. In fact I prefer the TV version; at least the writers don't try to talk him up as if the sun shines out of his macho Texan arse.
But in any case, I gave up on the series months ago. It was going nowhere.
“Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest”

Rara Avis

• Sentient Tea Bot
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: 05 April, 2018, 06:14:47 pm »
I'm going to have to watch all this again at some point. I can't even remember what happened in the season finale ... maybe I didn't watch it ...

Re: Cassidy's accent, ok so I am actually Irish and thought Joe Gilgun was an Irish actor. It sounds (to me) like his one of his parents is from Mayo and the other one is from Dublin.