Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 2000AD Lego builds  (Read 65810 times)

Colin YNWA

• CALL-ME-KENNETH!
    • View Profile
Re: 2000AD Lego builds
« Reply #525 on: 28 December, 2018, 07:11:27 pm »
Up to this point I've avoided being a cheeky git and copying these. Lego Metta Lawson and Kill-a-Man-Jaroo may well have just broken me... I'm sorry for steeling... well assuming I get of my lazy arse to do so...

ming

• Battle Hardened War Robot
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: 28 December, 2018, 07:26:02 pm »
Up to this point I've avoided being a cheeky git and copying these. Lego Metta Lawson and Kill-a-Man-Jaroo may well have just broken me... I'm sorry for steeling... well assuming I get of my lazy arse to do so...

I'd be delighted if you want to take a crack at any of these, Colin! (The same goes for anyone else.)  I can supply a Stud.io file and / or parts list and also have a crack at providing a set of instructions, so just let me know if you want anything.  The easiest way to make the dream a reality is to get the parts required through Bricklink (that's what I do anyway: Stud.io design > Bricklink parts list > order through sellers via there).

Anyway, I'll continue with the CATT but it's going to take a while...

Dandontdare

• Bionic Fingers
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: 28 December, 2018, 09:07:11 pm »
Lawson's braid is lego genius!

ming

• View Profile
« Reply #528 on: 29 December, 2018, 03:53:14 pm »
Lawson's braid is lego genius!

Thanks, DDD!  The braid was the main focus when I started Lawson; I knew if I got that right (or half-way acceptable) the rest would be easy.  There's usually one feature that I feel I need to get right if there's any hope for the character to work and it's a nice brain-straining excercise to figure out stuff like this.

Meanwhile, work on the CATT progresses - probably about half way done now I think - and the boys have been making suggestions for what I should do next (a few options; some easy-ish, some definitely not).

ming

• View Profile
« Reply #529 on: 04 January, 2019, 10:51:46 am »

I've done the front legs (twice) and am now approaching something I can bear looking at.  I had a plan early on and it all worked in my head but then reality kicked in and scales don't match so compromise is inevitable.  Still, getting there.  A fun challenge and one that makes me wonder about some other possibilities a bit.