Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: What games did you never finished or got time to?  (Read 5563 times)

Professor Bear

• Bionic Fingers
  • "Why, Black Dynamite? WHY?"
    • View Profile
    • Your Friends and Neighbors
Re: What games did you never finished or got time to?
« Reply #45 on: 21 February, 2014, 03:29:09 PM »
Rambo: The Video Game.  Played it once this morning when it came in the post, got killed in-game, took it out of the machine and deleted the install data.  It is an offensively bad game, as it's one of those single-screen FPS' you can download for free for Android and IOS, only it needs a 2gb install compared to a tablet/phone game's 50-100mb, and obviously you have to pay for it.

shaolin_monkey

• Battle Hardened War Robot
  • Bananas For The Win!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 21 February, 2014, 05:23:43 PM »
star wars rogue squadron rouge leader on the gamecube ,that last level was hard getting out of the death star
actually I did it once with cheats then couldn't do it again.

That's one of the few games I can say I HAVE completed! Not just Rogue Squadron either, but the free co-op version that came with Rogue Squadron II!  I agree though, the last level is a bitch!  I bloody adore the level just before it though - 'IT'S A TRAP!'  :D

The Doctor Alt 8

• Evil Cyborg
    • View Profile
    • The Alternate Eighth Doctors Matrix
« Reply #47 on: 22 February, 2014, 12:55:37 PM »
Neverwinter Nights... I was near the end of the second part of this when the laptop it was on got stolen... The thiefs removed my USB memory stick and left it  :D  ... But didn't remove the game disc.  >:(

The Enigmatic Dr X

• Bionic Fingers
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 22 February, 2014, 01:30:36 PM »
I have somehow managed to avoid achievement based gaming. 

I have always considered finishing a game to mean getting to the end, not having it 100% complete.  There are plenty of games as well that I feel have blurred end goals if any end goal at all.

Achievements / trophies do nothing for me. I can see their appeal, I understand their meta-game nature, but they leave me cold. I play for fun, or to enjoy a story. Not to grind some arbitrary sub-goal that neither adds to the fun or the story.

I appreciate their is a degree of hypocrisy in that; all games are ultimately puzzles created by their designer and so contrain arbitrary goals.

Except for The Stanley Parable.
Lock up your spoons!

mogzilla

• Sentient Tea Bot
  • 'ello little ol' laydee!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 24 February, 2014, 09:25:46 PM »
fucking dark bastard souls
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience.