Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: TWD series 9  (Read 899 times)

Proudhuff

• CALL-ME-KENNETH!
  • A minefield of imbeciles and chimps
    • View Profile
TWD series 9
« on: 11 October, 2018, 01:04:38 pm »
That was entertaining  :D
Loving the detail of construction time again and unlike the comic loads of crisp Walker action, along with a load of crumb trails getting started and Chekhov's guns primed,

...and a ending that startled and seemed fitting too. ( not that I advocate that sort of thing)

oh, And Carol and Daryl getting the screen time they deserve at last.

So I'm sticking with it
I call that bold talk for a one-eyed fat man!

auxlen

• Sentient Tea Bot
    • View Profile
Re: TWD series 9
« Reply #1 on: 22 October, 2018, 05:03:51 pm »
Was so sick of the rival factions, governor, then the saviors...and Negan was so annoying (he spoke like he was delivering punchlines on a bad radio 4 comedy, like dr cox on scrubs) Just talk like a human!

Nice to see the survival side without guns....for a change

Dudley

• Bionic Fingers
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 06 November, 2018, 07:23:45 am »
Total reboot 5 episodes in?

Keef Monkey

• Battle Hardened War Robot
  • I knew you'd say that...
    • View Profile
    • POPOLAC
« Reply #3 on: 08 November, 2018, 11:56:26 am »
I've been coasting on Walking Dead for a long time now, it had started to feel like a bit of a chore to watch. I certainly had no excitement for it going into this season but it hit the ground running and hasn't dropped the ball yet. Genuinely got me hooked again, and has been the best run of quality they've had in years. Looking forward to next week, which is quite a turnaround from the half-grudging way that I watched the last season.

Bolt-01

• Global Moderator
  • CALL-ME-KENNETH!
  • It ain't called ZARJAZ fer nuthin'!
    • View Profile
    • FutureQuake Press
« Reply #4 on: 08 November, 2018, 03:33:59 pm »
Is it really improved 'that' much? I finally gave up at the midway point of S08.

Link Prime

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 08 November, 2018, 04:03:08 pm »
Is it really improved 'that' much? I finally gave up at the midway point of S08.

It has in my opinion Bolt, even down to the opening credits (now including some nice references and foreshadowing).

It's an all new set-up as of next week- a significant time jump, of at least 6 years.
Really looking forward to it, for the first time in absolutely ages.

Keef Monkey

• I knew you'd say that...
    • View Profile
    • POPOLAC
« Reply #6 on: 08 November, 2018, 04:37:24 pm »

It has in my opinion Bolt, even down to the opening credits (now including some nice references and foreshadowing).

It's an all new set-up as of next week- a significant time jump, of at least 6 years.
Really looking forward to it, for the first time in absolutely ages.

Yeah I think opinions will vary but I really do think the difference in quality from last season to this season is night and day, at least in terms of how invested I am in it again. Been a few seasons since I felt this up for more TWD.

And that time jump! Really didn't see that coming, and quite excited about how much new energy that could potentially inject into things. Really closes the book on an era of it I guess, and gives them a chance at a bit of a fresh start if they pull it off. Of all the ways I thought they might handle Lincoln leaving this really took me by surprise, felt like a very gutsy move!