Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Nintendo Switch  (Read 47187 times)

radiator

• CALL-ME-KENNETH!
  • A fry without beans is a mere meat collage.
    • View Profile
Re: Nintendo Switch
« Reply #405 on: 15 October, 2019, 06:08:48 pm »
Just wrapping up Link's Awakening, a little disappointed with it tbh.  Found it quite obtuse and frustrating at times. Definitely one of the weaker Zelda games imo.

Greg M.

• Battle Hardened War Robot
  • I do mermaid alertness course.
    • View Profile
    • The Beat of His Own Drum
« Reply #406 on: 15 October, 2019, 06:15:35 pm »
Just wrapping up Link's Awakening, a little disappointed with it tbh.  Found it quite obtuse and frustrating at times. Definitely one of the weaker Zelda games imo.

Just about to start with this one. The original is one of my favourite games in the Zelda series (second in my affections only to Link to the Past, for me the unassailable king of all Zelda games) so I'll be interested to see how this version compares.

radiator

• CALL-ME-KENNETH!
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: 15 October, 2019, 07:01:58 pm »
I've played almost every Zelda game, and I found it kind of an ordeal. Weirdly, the combat is a breeze - I never lacked for health, never struggled with any enemy, and died maybe twice in the entire game - my problems were almost solely down to navigation and orientation.

For me its still very much a game of its time, in that I found a lot of the 'puzzles' quite obtuse, and I spent an inordinate amount of time just wandering the map trying to figure out where I needed to go next, and though I appreciated the compactness of the world map, I often found it felt very constrictive and mazelike to navigate. And the Eagle Tower dungeon was just painful - I must have spent the same amount of time in that single dungeon than I did the entire rest of the game, and had to resort to a step by step walkthrough to finally finish it. I knew what I had to do and where I had to get to, but for whatever reason found it completely impossible to commit the layout of the dungeon to memory, so simply getting from A to B was a frustrating nightmare, and I almost gave up on the game entirely.

Was surprised they didn't smooth off some of the rougher, more dated aspects of the game to compliment the updated visuals.
« Last Edit: 15 October, 2019, 07:04:15 pm by radiator »

radiator

• CALL-ME-KENNETH!
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: 01 November, 2019, 05:07:41 pm »
Just started on Luigi's Mansion 3.

I'm not super familiar with the series - I owned Luigi's Mansion 2 on 3DS but didn't get very far into it as though I enjoyed the core gameplay I really didn't get on with the episodic, piecemeal nature of the game.

This new one is just delightful though. Gameplay seems very unchallenging and gentle so far, but it's the closest I've felt to playing an interactive Pixar type animated movie. it's more exploration based which suits my preferences much more that the mission based structure of the previous game, and it has so many little charming touches.