Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Y'know what really grinds my gears?  (Read 101856 times)

CalHab

• Prog Stacking Droid
    • View Profile
Re: Y'know what really grinds my gears?
« Reply #1260 on: 07 February, 2019, 07:47:59 am »
People used to talk about the shared universe of Quentin Tarantino’s films. Vincent Vega is the brother of Mr Blonde, Alabama (from True Romance) is mentioned by Mr White etc.
I wonder if the Winston Wolf Direct Line insurance adverts are supposed to take place in the same universe and, if so,what prompted the character’s move from LA to the UK.
He was forced to leave LA when a pair of Russian meerkats came in and put the squeeze on him.

Link Prime

• Battle Hardened War Robot
    • View Profile
« Reply #1261 on: 12 April, 2019, 01:38:56 pm »
Really GmG's when a gaggle of teenage scrotes sit in front of you seconds before a film is about to start (in a half empty cinema).

+ 20% annoyance if one of them has knockout strength BO.

JayzusB.Christ

• Bionic Fingers
  • Squealing meat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1262 on: 16 April, 2019, 05:37:51 pm »
  I just wish they'd stop fetishising the 1980s

How is Peter Kay supposed to do his job then?
“Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest”

Proudhuff

• CALL-ME-KENNETH!
  • A minefield of imbeciles and chimps
    • View Profile
« Reply #1263 on: 18 April, 2019, 06:33:56 pm »
The time we 'close' is when the doors are locked, not when you start thinking about maybe finishing up and moving out....
But everybody else is overwhelmed by indifference and the promise of an early bed

Apestrife

• Posting Machine
    • View Profile
« Reply #1264 on: 19 April, 2019, 07:37:37 am »
Bunch of programs I'm working in getting replaced by new versions with new interfaces. Which all look like they're made with a smart phone in mind, by someone who neither used a smart phone or a computer in their lives.

Instead of one option button, there are three of them. Spread out all over the screen. One which looks like a gear. Another three dots. One is written in text...

And with one of the programs being phased out, not all it's functions has. So I have to write something in one program and use another as a viewer for said text due to there being a very old program working in the background. When calling in asking about the how's and why's on earth they couldn't have waited releasing it in a finished form I'm told that:
--NEW THINGS ARE GOOD.
--I KNOW IT CAN FEEL HARD TO LEARN NEW THINGS.