Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Upcoming Gigs  (Read 51709 times)

Jim_Campbell

• 2000AD Creator
  • CALL-ME-KENNETH!
  • Letterer to the Stars! (and PJ)
    • View Profile
    • deviantArt Gallery
Re: Upcoming Gigs
« Reply #360 on: 01 November, 2018, 10:32:37 pm »
Having missed the last two end-of-year-ish Fields of the Nephilim London gigs*, I was determined to make the Halloween show at Shepherd’s Bush Empire, and I’m glad I did, because they were really good. I’ve been going to Fields gigs since 1988, and I’ve never heard them sound better.

*Couldn’t make the timing work last year, and the ceiling fell in at the Empire the year before forcing the gig to change venue and date to one I couldn’t make.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Jacqusie

• Sentient Tea Bot
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: 01 November, 2018, 11:05:24 pm »
I'm going for another fix of David Byrne in Manchester on Friday - this tour is such a brilliant concept and works really well.

Who knows when we might see him again on these shores, so it's defo worth another gander...  :)

sheridan

• Battle Hardened War Robot
    • View Profile
    • Wilde Wood
« Reply #362 on: 02 November, 2018, 12:44:23 pm »
Having missed the last two end-of-year-ish Fields of the Nephilim London gigs*, I was determined to make the Halloween show at Shepherd’s Bush Empire, and I’m glad I did, because they were really good. I’ve been going to Fields gigs since 1988, and I’ve never heard them sound better.

*Couldn’t make the timing work last year, and the ceiling fell in at the Empire the year before forcing the gig to change venue and date to one I couldn’t make.
I saw the gig the Astoria gig they did in 2007 (didn't realise it was that long ago!) and again a year later at M'era Luna (huge goth festival in Hildesheim, Germany, for those who haven't heard of it) - the M'era Luna one was far greater - presumably intentionally they sang Dawnrazor as the sun went down...

I, Cosh

• Bionic Fingers
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: 02 November, 2018, 08:02:22 pm »
I'm going for another fix of David Byrne in Manchester on Friday - this tour is such a brilliant concept and works really well.

Who knows when we might see him again on these shores, so it's defo worth another gander...  :)
Have heard nothing but incredibly OTT hyperbole about these shows but have not been able to get to one . Perfect example: we're in Amsterdam this weekend. When we arranged it we decided the Sunday evening flight home was better than the combination of another night in the hotel and a 6am start on Monday. Then checked what gigs were on that weekend and it's Big Dave on Sunday night and Lykke Li on Monday.
We never really die.

Jacqusie

• Sentient Tea Bot
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: 18 November, 2018, 07:32:04 pm »
Sorry you missed out, something tells me that it won't be the last time that DB does something like this, he seems so happy to be making music with his band and performing.

I'm off to see those aging rockers Magnum taking my big sis to a gig next weekend. I never got to see them in their pomp, but as they are getting on a bit I thought I'd go and join the sweaty hairy mob & I think I've got an old Marillion T-shirt somewhere...

dweezil2

• Battle Hardened War Robot
  • Credit Cards Accepted.
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #365 on: 18 November, 2018, 08:14:40 pm »
Sorry you missed out, something tells me that it won't be the last time that DB does something like this, he seems so happy to be making music with his band and performing.

I'm off to see those aging rockers Magnum taking my big sis to a gig next weekend. I never got to see them in their pomp, but as they are getting on a bit I thought I'd go and join the sweaty hairy mob & I think I've got an old Marillion T-shirt somewhere...

Saw them on their Wings Of Heaven Tour back in '88 and they were great, judging by recent live albums they can still cut it!
Hope you have fun!!!  :)  :thumbsup:

Magnetica

• Posting Machine
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: 07 December, 2018, 11:05:41 am »
I’m off to Def Leppard the week after next. I hardly ever go to any gigs. The last proper one was U2 in 2010.

As I understand it they will be playing all of Hysteria in order plus a few others to close.

Given Hysteria is my never to be challenged favourite album of all time, this should be great. My official T Shirt is due to be delivered today as well.