Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: That gum you like is going to come back in style -  (Read 17225 times)

JOE SOAP

• CALL-ME-KENNETH!
    • View Profile
Re: That gum you like is going to come back in style -
« Reply #75 on: 22 August, 2017, 03:40:42 pm »

Someone inform Duncan Jones his da's now a giant kettle.

Apestrife

• Posting Machine
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 23 August, 2017, 05:28:48 pm »
Loved the 15th episode. Everything from the green glove to the golden log. I laughed, nearly cried and nearly applauded.

JOE SOAP

• CALL-ME-KENNETH!
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 28 August, 2017, 05:20:40 am »
"100%!"

Toni Scandella

• Sentient Tea Bot
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 28 August, 2017, 12:10:06 pm »
I Am The FBI has a nice ring to it.

Apestrife

• Posting Machine
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 29 August, 2017, 06:28:50 pm »
"Dad can drive. Really good." was also strangely touching.

Another fantastic episode. Amazing. Very much looking forward to how it'll wrap up in the last two episodes :)

Muon

• Page Numbering Droid
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 01 September, 2017, 11:59:25 am »
Anyone else tumescent with anticipation of the two-hour Twin Peaks-fest on which we're about to engorge ourselves?

Any theories about how it might all turn out? I myself am happily clueless (and of course tumescent).

abelardsnazz

• Prog Stacking Droid
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 01 September, 2017, 12:17:18 pm »
Anyone else tumescent with anticipation of the two-hour Twin Peaks-fest on which we're about to engorge ourselves?

Any theories about how it might all turn out? I myself am happily clueless (and of course tumescent).

Yes. Can't wait. I hope to get up early on Monday morning to watch the finale before going to work.

As to how it will end, I think it has to involve the two Coopers meeting and maybe a fight/supernatural battle/vortex in a cup of coffee confrontation to determine who returns to the Black Lodge. Of course I could be completely wrong and it may just involve golden shovels and Jerry in the woods.

Muon

• Page Numbering Droid
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 01 September, 2017, 12:46:09 pm »

Yes. Can't wait. I hope to get up early on Monday morning to watch the finale before going to work.

As to how it will end, I think it has to involve the two Coopers meeting and maybe a fight/supernatural battle/vortex in a cup of coffee confrontation to determine who returns to the Black Lodge. Of course I could be completely wrong and it may just involve golden shovels and Jerry in the woods.

It could be anything, couldn't it? Pretty much nothing has transpired as I expected it to in this season, and that's been refreshing. My only thing is, I hope it's not a downer. I don't think I could handle another scene of Coop headbutting a mirror and laughing as the credits roll.

Jimmy Baker's Assistant

• Prog Stacking Droid
    • View Profile
    • Massacre For Boys
« Reply #83 on: 01 September, 2017, 08:20:19 pm »
I can't predict a thing. Which is great!

JOE SOAP

• CALL-ME-KENNETH!
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 01 September, 2017, 08:47:22 pm »
I hope it's not a downer. I don't think I could handle another scene of Coop headbutting a mirror and laughing as the credits roll.

The reason for the season is the retrieval of Dale Cooper and possibly Laura Palmer  – to save the town by shovelling it out of the shit – so I think it'll be more an ending of Blue Velvet style closure featuring Julee Cruise singing at the Roadhouse.

Muon

• Page Numbering Droid
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 02 September, 2017, 01:18:31 am »
I hope it's not a downer. I don't think I could handle another scene of Coop headbutting a mirror and laughing as the credits roll.

The reason for the season is the retrieval of Dale Cooper and possibly Laura Palmer  – to save the town by shovelling it out of the shit – so I think it'll be more an ending of Blue Velvet style closure featuring Julee Cruise singing at the Roadhouse.

Really hope you're right! That would be my preferred ending. I want redemption for both Cool and Laura for all the shite they've been through.

I can't help worrying that Coop might be killed off, though. Like maybe he'll sacrifice himself so Laura can live again or something like that.

JOE SOAP

• CALL-ME-KENNETH!
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 02 September, 2017, 03:05:08 am »
I can't help worrying that Coop might be killed off, though. Like maybe he'll sacrifice himself so Laura can live again or something like that.

Really doubt it. Lynch/Frost tend not to write things that way.

« Last Edit: 02 September, 2017, 03:09:40 am by JOE SOAP »

JOE SOAP

• CALL-ME-KENNETH!
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 04 September, 2017, 03:23:09 am »

Looks like The Sopranos and The Prisoner have both been beaten by Twin Peaks for most contentious series ending.

Link Prime

• Battle Hardened War Robot
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 04 September, 2017, 09:27:27 am »

Looks like The Sopranos and The Prisoner have both been beaten by Twin Peaks for most contentious series ending.

I've a day's work to get through first, but have prepared myself for the following final 15 minutes:

- Gordon Cole talks to a huge telephone.
- Coop and Evil Coop are annihilated, leaving a new 'Dougie' Tulpa to continue the shenanigans.
- Cut to The Roadhouse where four random millennials have a 9 minute conversation about non-plot points.
- We're played out with a rousing rendition of "F*ck You" (lyrics by David Lynch / performed by Sheryl Lee).

JOE SOAP

• CALL-ME-KENNETH!
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 04 September, 2017, 09:52:23 am »

It's the hour after those 'final 15 minutes' you need to prepare for.