Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Marvel Superheroes hit Netflix  (Read 10785 times)

Theblazeuk

• Posting Machine
    • View Profile
Re: Marvel Superheroes hit Netflix
« Reply #165 on: 20 April, 2017, 11:18:52 am »
That's some lovely title design.

Colin YNWA

• CALL-ME-KENNETH!
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: 20 April, 2017, 12:37:14 pm »
Oh that's interesting. I used to love them as characters back in the day. Kinda lost touch with them but it might be interesting to see what they do with the idea. That trailer is all foreshadowing so lets see where it goes ... although whether I will...

CrazyFoxMachine

• Submod
  • Bionic Fingers
    • View Profile
    • Owen and the Crazy Fox Machine
« Reply #167 on: 20 April, 2017, 02:35:56 pm »
Yeah not too bad, that. Looking forward to seeing the series I used to love those characters!

Goaty

• Bionic Fingers
  • Goaty the illustrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: 03 May, 2017, 02:18:42 pm »
New trailer for the Defenders

https://youtu.be/4h3m7B4v6Zc

CrazyFoxMachine

• Submod
  • Bionic Fingers
    • View Profile
    • Owen and the Crazy Fox Machine
« Reply #169 on: 11 May, 2017, 07:49:07 pm »
....yeah - during episode 5 we decided to dump Iron Fist. It's not offensive, it's not terrible - but it's simplistic, shallow and extraordinarily bland.

It was Claire that did it - she just... shows up as if she's been written into the scene on the day it was being filmed and was grimly crowbarred in. Rosario is great but ... they couldn't find a better way to fit her in?

A lot of it was just "long-form for the sake of it" I feel - spending hours with scenarios that should have taken minutes. The ethical-guy-takes-on-big-pharma scenario genuinely seems like it was written in minutes by an idiot. It doesn't help anyone to be that crude about it but seriously. At times it made your standard Fox primetime trash show look like The Wire.

Happy to watch Rand as part of the ensemble in Defenders, but the groundwork here doesn't seem like it's worth eight more hours of my time.