Main Menu

Judge Dredd: The Mega Collection discussion thread

Started by Molch-R, 10 December, 2014, 03:30:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IndigoPrime

Judge Child has already been confirmed as #69.

O Lucky Stevie!

"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

Tjm86

Personally I would have to say that Captain Skank is an important story as part of the build up to the Apocalypse War.  The same with Battle of the Black Atlantic.  A Sov Block volume would certainly make sense, particularly from a historical perspective.  Those stories were very much of their time and reflect some of the major themes and concerns of the time.

Richard

Helltrekkers was awful. It even made Tharg's own list of the worst stories to appear in the prog (in a SF special). It's a mega collection, not a complete collection of everything ever printed.

TordelBack

Quote from: Tjm86 on 02 May, 2016, 08:24:45 AM
Personally I would have to say that Captain Skank is an important story as part of the build up to the Apocalypse War.  The same with Battle of the Black Atlantic.  A Sov Block volume would certainly make sense, particularly from a historical perspective.  Those stories were very much of their time and reflect some of the major themes and concerns of the time.

They'd go well with the Luna-1stuff.

Tjm86

The Luna 1 stuff crossed my mind but I thought that was being covered in another volume chronicling Dresd's Lunar Marshall Tour (amongst other things).

Michael Knight

Hi ya folks!

Now we this this far into the mega collection what does everyone think of the chances of a 2000ad based part work coming to fruition?  :) 

abelardsnazz

Quote from: Michael Knight on 07 May, 2016, 02:33:06 AM
Hi ya folks!

Now we this this far into the mega collection what does everyone think of the chances of a 2000ad based part work coming to fruition?  :)

That would be awesome, there's such a wealth of non-Dredd material to go at. Where I'd find the shelf space for such a thing is another question entirely  :)

So what would be on everyone's wish list for inclusion? My starting list would be:

Belardinelli/McMahon Slaine
Strontium Dog: Portrait of a Mutant & Rage
Halo Jones
Bad Company
Killing Time

robert_ellis

I'm not sure if a 2000ad General partworks would work. There are so many epic multi-part stories, would nemesis or zenith appear in its entirety or have to be truncated? I'd love to see which stories made the cut and what back up stories would be included. I just feel unlike the mega collection & to a lesser degree marvel, a 2000ad collection would lack any coherence. Of course I'd buy it in a flash!

IndigoPrime

I'd be amazed if 2000 AD in and of itself had the clout for such a collection. But you could I think very easily do a, say, 60-book collection with nothing but bloody amazing stories that also happen to work well as standalone volumes (something that was more of an issue with the Marvel one).

Quote from: robert_ellis on 07 May, 2016, 11:09:41 AMwould nemesis or zenith appear in its entirety or have to be truncated?
I suppose it depends on how much of a story is deemed relevant to the collection and people's enjoyment. For example, you could conceivably run a couple of Sláine volumes and get a lot out of that. Nemesis—the first four books would be two 'partwork' volumes. If the entire run was included, it'd need four or five. Something like Nikolai Dante would be tougher, I imagine, since it reads as one long epic. Fun to think about though!

moly

God  no my book cases couldn't take it, mind you could always get a new book case

Jade Falcon

Quote from: Tjm86 on 02 May, 2016, 12:37:02 PM
The Luna 1 stuff crossed my mind but I thought that was being covered in another volume chronicling Dresd's Lunar Marshall Tour (amongst other things).

Of course one possibility is an 'Intro to East Meg' style book, where you have both the Luna-1 stories, Captain Skank and any other early bits to tie them together.
When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there, but it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid. That is how an RBMK reactor core explodes. Lies. - Valery Legasov

Tjm86

That would certainly make sense.  Although having Gulag printed in a recent volume I think that one has been missed.  I think the page count on the Luna 1 stories is enough in itself.  I can't see them printing the same story twice.  Maybe just referencing.  Mind you, I may have my wires crossed and be thinking of one of Rebellion's B format GN's here. 

The Monarch

The thing is the luna 1 stories are getting a book to itself

The Legendary Shark

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 05 February, 2015, 07:53:43 PM

I hope they don't get to Issue 68 and then announce it was always supposed to be part of a wider, 160 part series. Don't do that, Tharg, just... don't.

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 05 February, 2015, 08:13:11 PM

And although I don't want them to pull that trick again, I kinda' do. Just don't sneak it up on us, is all.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]