Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Judge Dredd: The Mega Collection discussion thread  (Read 468624 times)

moogie101

• Sub Basement Sewer Unit
    • View Profile
Re: Judge Dredd: The Mega Collection discussion thread
« Reply #4170 on: 20 April, 2019, 01:42:25 pm »
Due to various things I missed Issue 84 Blood of Emeralds in my local newsagents. Does anyone know if i purchase it from the Hachette shop will it come with the reprint issue aswell ?

No it doesn't. Just had a delivery of the last three books I was missing as never subscribed and 84 was one of them.

Shame the spines don't match up from 80-81 but can't justify spending a tenner to correct their ridiculous mistake.

I asked on Facebook page and was told "When you place an order for 84 it will automatically be sent with a replacement of issue 44. if it happens that issue 44 is not included you can request a replacement of 44 using your order number."

Cheers, just sent an email off.

Getting on for nearly a year later (and multiple incorrect books that have been donated to charity shops) and I've finally received the corrected spine version

The Mind of Wolfie Smith

• Mek-Quakes Leftovers
    • View Profile
« Reply #4171 on: 11 June, 2019, 10:45:35 am »
well, having read all ninety volumes, i feel really cheated. within the approximately twenty thousand pages that the collection covers, they have not found space for the - *imho* - single greatest wagner dredd story. admittedly i'm biased, because they were my first progs, but 'battle of the black atlantic' from progs 128 & 129 (i think) had everything - a 59(D) cit swoop, drones, meg/eastmeg politics, an almost incapacitated dredd arresting an entire eastmeg ship, fascism, blistering ron smith art, the blackest wit, everything. i would recommend this story to anyone wanting a neat into to the world of dredd, but in twentyk pages it didn't make it in to this collection. shame. extreme shame (especially considering the dross that *has* made it in).

Jade Falcon

• Sentient Tea Bot
    • View Profile
« Reply #4172 on: 11 June, 2019, 11:51:12 pm »
I agree with the above, it deserved to be in it if nothing more as part of Apocalypse War.

abelardsnazz

• Prog Stacking Droid
    • View Profile
« Reply #4173 on: 13 June, 2019, 07:30:27 pm »
There were undoubtedly some classics missing from the collection, which several volumes could have been much better served by. I'm still planning a re-read, probably after the Tooth collection has finished, and will document my opinions on the ups and downs on here. Current plan is to read the original 80 in volume order, dipping into the extension as relevant/appropriate - Anderson, mega-epics etc. Waffle to follow down the line.