Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: The 2000 AD Thrill-Cast - the official podcast of the Galaxy's Greatest Comic!  (Read 49420 times)

matty_ae

• Prog Stacking Droid
  • I don't know as much as you other fans.
    • View Profile
    • Reprint this Dan Dare
The Kelvin Gosnell interviews were really interesting.
He's an interesting character - very sharp - great recollections from so many years ago.
Shame that all the talent don't see eye to eye after all these years but it happens in every workplace.

Very small point - Star Wars did come out in the UK nearly a whole year later in 1978.
I think Mike pushed the 1977 line (I know its a very QI alarm ringing wrong answer!)

dweezil2

• Battle Hardened War Robot
  • Credit Cards Accepted.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/ashleybeechbum
Star Wars premiered on December 27th 1977 in the UK, so technically Gosnell was correct.

It didn't have I wide release until '78, which is when I caught it.   :thumbsup:

AlexF

• Prog Stacking Droid
    • View Profile
Fascinating two-parter with Kelvin Gosnell there! And sobering to remember that although 2000AD is clearly something he's dead proud of, it's just one relatively small part of what sounds like a pretty high-flying career in UK journalism.

Must make for quite an interesting relationship with your senior managers when you know that all them have faced death and killed people on a daily basis.

inkymonkey

• 2000AD Creator
  • Sentient Tea Bot
    • View Profile

Must make for quite an interesting relationship with your senior managers when you know that all them have faced death and killed people on a daily basis.

I think the word you're looking for there is "sobering"...

Great stuff.

Tiplodocus

• Bionic Fingers
    • View Profile
Digging the potato beds today so got through The Last Jedi and the two part Kelvin Gosnell thrill casts.

They were great - especially learning the older history from Kelvin and the changes (or not) to style and work ethic made by Jock and Chris Weston. Who is Tonchy btw?
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Colin YNWA

• CALL-ME-KENNETH!
    • View Profile
Just caught up with the Mark Russell (writer of the upcoming IDW mini) interview and it confirms everything that made me so pleased that he was having a crack at Dredd. The fella is so smart and insightful and i'm really looking forward to this now.

Cracking stuff.

broodblik

• Page Numbering Droid
    • View Profile
Yes the new IDW Dredd by Mark Russell looks good. Hopefully this time around IDW do not stuff up Dredd. 

AlexF

• Prog Stacking Droid
    • View Profile
Surprised no one has talked up the Arthur Ranson Roundtable - what a treat that was! It has fired me up to dive back into my trades of Button Man and Mazeworld yet again to unpick more artistic goodness.

I imagine it was quite a bit of work to set up with all those guests, but would love to hear one of these on some other 2000AD / UK comics greats. I can't see it happening, but if a panel of comics experts was ever bold enough to tackle the output of Mr. Pat Mills it would be a wonder to listen in on...