Main Menu

Weekly Comics, Monthly! - Hawkmonger & my new 2000 AD related comic Podcast

Started by The Adventurer, 22 June, 2015, 03:00:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Adventurer

Weekly Comics, Monthly for February 2016!

This month Jim and Zac take a look at the latest Jump Start offering from Japan in the supernatural thriller Kimetsu no Yaiba, and then turn their attention to the latest exotic food based insanity in Toriko. Over in 2000 AD the its space heists in Strontium Dog, and the latest time twisted adventure of The Order. That plus our monthly round up lightning round, and of course the Judge Dredd Megazine!

TIMESTAMPS
22:14 - Kimetsu no Yaiba (Weekly Shonen Jump)
29:53 - Toriko (Weekly Shonen Jump)
43:12 - Strontium Dog (2000 AD)
56:08 - The Order (2000 AD)
01:10:17 - Weekly Shonen Jump (Lightning Round)
01:35:25 - 2000 AD (Lightning Round)
01:44:48 - Judge Dredd Megazine (2000 AD)

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Colin YNWA

Well despite the fact I had a couple of the Thrillcats to catch up with when faced with excessive ironing and associated house work today decided to catch up with this. Once again really enjoyable. I do like the new format. The only thing I really miss the more general chat about what you are reading. Mind the random stuff was possibly there just about computer games which is a world of blank to me.

Keep up the good work chaps.

The Adventurer

Only two months late this time! Its Weekly Comics, Monthly! for March 2016!

This month hosts Jim and Zac take a look at the 2000 AD the spacetime comedy SURVIVAL GEEKS, where opposite sexes collide. And spinning out of Dreams of Deadworld is the wasteland nightmare TAINTED. While over in WEEKLY SHONEN JUMP new adventures for Monkey D. Luffy and crew set sail in the pages of ONE PIECE. While in FOOD WARS, can nothing stop the forces of Central and their brand of food fascism?

All that and the WCM Lightning Round, plus news! In Weekly Comics, Monthly!

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Hawkmumbler

Thanks very much to Jim for once again working with me on Episode 9, i'm editing episode 10 as I type this so expect that soon!

In other news, I finally made a Weekly Comics Monthly twitter page! Follow it for all your monthly 2000AD and Shonen Jump goodness!

Hawkmumbler

Well it's been a while! But me and Jim have been continuing to beaver away at the best damn anthologies on the planet! So for your audio pleasure, here is Weekly Comics Monthly #13 (and do be sure to check out numbers 10 through 12 as well!)...

http://wcm.guttertrash.net/weekly-comics-monthly-episode-13-september-2016/

Episode 13 covering September 2016 of Weekly Comics, Monthly! is no available.

This episode, hosts Zac & Jim take a close look at 2000 AD as it ramps up to its big 2000th issue, with the conclusions of JAEGIR  – WARCHILD & OUTLIER – SURVIVOR GUILT. And over in Weekly Shonen Jump they reminisce about the conclusion to Jump staple BLEACH, and the introduction of new series RED SPRITE. All that plus our lightning round covering the rest of September's contents.

TIMESTAMPS
44:12 – Outlier (2000 AD)
53:30 – Jaegir (2000 AD)
01:02:15 – Bleach conclusion (Weekly Shonen Jump)
01:15:11 – Red Sprite (Weekly Shonen Jump)
01:25:12 – 2000 AD (Lighting Round)
01:42:09 – Weekly Shonen Jump (Lighting Round)

Many thanks once again to Adventurer for the editing and the rest of the top notch work he puts into the podcast!