Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Mega City Zero (IDW)  (Read 15934 times)

dweezil2

• Battle Hardened War Robot
  • Credit Cards Accepted.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/ashleybeechbum
Re: Mega City Zero (IDW)
« Reply #180 on: 15 November, 2016, 03:47:41 pm »
As this is officially coming to an end after issue 12, anyone heard any rumours regarding IDW Dredd V3.0?

I'm sure artist Ulises Farinas stated that something is happening Dredd related in 2017.

I, Cosh

• Bionic Fingers
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: 15 November, 2016, 03:55:37 pm »
As this is officially coming to an end after issue 12, anyone heard any rumours regarding IDW Dredd V3.0?
I'm sure artist Ulises Farinas stated that something is happening Dredd related in 2017.
Think he was talking about the movie sequel.
We never really die.

blackmocco

• Posting Machine
    • View Profile
    • ART!!!
« Reply #182 on: 15 November, 2016, 04:02:47 pm »
Farinas has mentioned on his FB page he'll be writing Dredd in 2017. Spoke to him at SDCC and he said IDW were interested in returning Dredd back to more recognisable environments and stories.

(He's a very nice chap.)
"...and it was here in this blighted place, he learned to live again."

www.BLACKMOCCO.com
www.BLACKMOCCO.blogspot.com

dweezil2

• Credit Cards Accepted.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/ashleybeechbum
« Reply #183 on: 15 November, 2016, 04:17:49 pm »
Farinas has mentioned on his FB page he'll be writing Dredd in 2017. Spoke to him at SDCC and he said IDW were interested in returning Dredd back to more recognisable environments and stories.

(He's a very nice chap.)

Good news that Dredd will have further presence with a U.S title next year!  :)

Rogue Judge

• Sentient Tea Bot
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: 24 November, 2016, 07:26:01 am »
It Seems the IDW book will live on, in this new annual!

Ulises Farinas (W/A/C), Erick Freitas (W), Dan McDaid (A), Pablo Tunica (A), Pablo Tunica (VC),

It has been 10 years since the events of Mega-City Zero, and Judge Dredd continues his mission to restore order to a lawless land. But what has been happening on Luna-1 and in Mega-City Two, and how might that affect Dredd's sworn duty? The mystery of The Blessed Earth begins to unfold here!

COMMANDO FORCES

• CALL-ME-KENNETH!
  • Being nice is my game!
    • View Profile
    • Cellar of Dredd
« Reply #185 on: 24 November, 2016, 07:44:40 am »
:lol: They've even dared to make a subscription cover at that price.

Jim_Campbell

• 2000AD Creator
  • CALL-ME-KENNETH!
  • Letterer to the Stars! (and PJ)
    • View Profile
    • deviantArt Gallery
« Reply #186 on: 24 November, 2016, 07:54:06 am »

There's also John McCrea's as-yet-unannounced Dredd thing he's writing and drawing for IDW, which is due March-ish next year.
Eagle Award Nominated Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Colin YNWA

• CALL-ME-KENNETH!
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: 24 November, 2016, 01:33:46 pm »
I appreciate I'm in a minority here (a very small one at that!) but I for one am quite happy to see this incarnation of Dredd continue, if surprised.

Didn't seem to be doing great numbers and critical reaction (from the little I've seen beyond the Boards own response!) wasn't overwhelming.

Still I think its provided a really fresh and very different version of Dredd, but one I've enjoyed on its own terms.

James Stacey

• Drokk! It's Souster!
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: 24 November, 2016, 01:42:27 pm »
I have enjoyed it for what it is. Leaving aside the 'it's not our Dredd' argument it's readable and batshit crazy in its own way.

Dreddzilla

• Prog Stacking Droid
  • Who says politics is boring?
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: 21 January, 2017, 10:33:27 am »
Finally finished it and I must say I am at a loss for words here. It's definitely the most bizarre Judge Dredd series I've read to date.

I want Dredd to succeed in America, but this series isn't going to do that, I mean it just ended in such a clusferfudge that I'm having a somewhat difficult time figuring out what I read.  :(

Rogue Judge

• Sentient Tea Bot
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: 21 January, 2017, 06:21:01 pm »
I am also baffled by this series as well. I'm not entirely sure what they are hoping to achieve by making it so bizarre and non-linear. IDW should just follow the formula 2000AD has established over the last 40 years.

I did enjoy parts of this series (mostly the first 6 issues and the mystery behind waking up in the green) but the ending was pretty confusing. Why was it that Iggy was the grass and she needed to be destroyed before reality could be restored? Did Berger bestow that upon her - if so how and why Iggy? Too many unanswered questions...that I don't particularly care are answered in the series.

However, I didn't hate the series; the art was great throughout and I am curious do see where it goes next. Hopefully the February annual provides some clarification and a new direction.