Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: The Black Dog Thread  (Read 30175 times)

Dandontdare

• Bionic Fingers
    • View Profile
Re: The Black Dog Thread
« Reply #300 on: 24 September, 2018, 10:49:49 pm »
No worries, DDD, hope all is ok with you.

Yeah cheers JBC I'm fine - in fact, half of my drunken rambling was apologising to those who suffer from genuine depression for taking up their thread with my petty moodswings.

In a nutshell, I wouldn't say I'm depressed, I just seem to be sorely lacking enthusiasm for anything at the moment- progs go unread all week, box-sets unwatched for months, I'm eating sandwiches and junk because I can't be arsed cooking etc. Although I did have a bit of a cold on Friday, I probably would have been fine at Thought Bubble, but when it came down to it, I just couldn't be bothered going - this surprised me somewhat in hindsight, because it's my favourite con, I always have a good time and I haven't missed one for years. I haven't even been out for a drink or meal with my mates for weeks.

Don't fret though, I'm seeing the NT Macbeth in a couple of weeks with my best friend, and have my great nephew's christening too - Those should snap me out of it, I've just been spending too much time alone lately.

JayzusB.Christ

• Bionic Fingers
  • Squealing meat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: 25 September, 2018, 08:32:45 pm »
Aye, was going through a similar spell for a lot of last year, veering between the lethargic type of apathy you speak of and full-on depression.

Doesn't sound like you're only having petty mood swings though; sounds like you're actually suffering. Hope the upcoming social events do the trick for you.
“Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest”

The Legendary Shark

• Bionic Fingers
  • Tip: Sharks only attack you if you're wet.
    • View Profile
    • The Sharkpool Blog
« Reply #302 on: 25 September, 2018, 09:39:12 pm »

Aye, nothing I can add, I know, except my heartfelt support and best wishes. It might give some comfort to know that, after over a decade of the loneliest black I've ever known, which I spent like Achilles sulking in his tent, things got immeasurably better for me. The last few years have been virtually dog-free for me and I no longer live in fear of its return.

Things can get better. If you believe nothing else I say (and why would you?), you can at least believe that.

Peace and love, my darlings, peace and love.

Funt Solo

• Bionic Fingers
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: 26 September, 2018, 06:36:57 pm »
The Beeb says eat well.
fate amenable to change