Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: The Black Dog Thread  (Read 39544 times)

The Legendary Shark

• Bionic Fingers
  • Tip: Sharks only attack you if you're wet.
    • View Profile
    • The Sharkpool Blog
Re: The Black Dog Thread
« Reply #375 on: 18 June, 2019, 05:57:18 pm »
Thanks, Huffy - I did write a Dredd script but it's dire. Still, at least it's words on a page, which is something.

My best to you, Hawkie - I'm sure you'll get through it, especially with the support of your fellow Squaxx.

Tjm86

• Evil Cyborg
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: 18 June, 2019, 08:44:46 pm »
Don't beat yourself up, there's a world out there trying to do that.

I like that one, thank you.

Hawkmumbler

• Bionic Fingers
    • View Profile
    • http://hawkmonger.deviantart.com/
« Reply #377 on: 19 June, 2019, 12:43:13 am »
Thanks guys, it’s a rough time right now and I don’t feel completely in control. I’ve been musing if there’s a connection between the systematic programming of ‘Higher Education = Happiness’ in schools under the Blairites in schools during the early 2000’s is linked to the chronic anxiety, depression, general dependency on having to constantly have a clear direction or else your a failure mindset.

It’s like i’ve never known a time where I wasn’t working towards some kind of qualification and for all the good I believe it will bring me in future, in the short term ‘cramming’ culture has only brought me misery.

MacabreMagpie

• 2000AD Creator
  • Sub Basement Sewer Unit
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: 25 June, 2019, 08:30:05 pm »
This year has been a bit rough, for the last couple of months at least. I can just about manage my mental health when it's low but one unfortunate outcome is I seem to be isolating myself more than I ever have before.... I have lots of friends, luckily, but I've had no desire to be social or even meetup with anyone for a long time now.

JayzusB.Christ

• Bionic Fingers
  • Squealing meat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: 08 July, 2019, 05:03:05 pm »
Sorry to hear that. Maybe you should start looking for professional help? There are good ones out there, particularly the CBT ones in my limited experience.
“Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest”