Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Kids Adventure Comics  (Read 617 times)

down south

• New Arrival
  • Never Nude
    • View Profile
Kids Adventure Comics
« on: 23 January, 2016, 01:38:56 PM »
Can anybody make some recommendations for Kids adventure comics (ages 5-10)?  I recall one comic being mentioned in the magazine (I think?) but for the life of me I can't remember what it was called?

Daveycandlish

• Evil Cyborg
    • View Profile
    • PARAGONcomic
Re: Kids Adventure Comics
« Reply #1 on: 23 January, 2016, 03:17:29 PM »
That was probably Phoenix, available online via their website or in Travelling Man and selected Waitrose.
Or you could try my self published PARAGON
An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

rogue69

• Prog Stacking Droid
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 23 January, 2016, 04:01:08 PM »
there's a free classic adventure comic being given away at www.bovrilbrigade.com

This is a revamp of the original series from the 50's & 60's Eagle comic, but instead of the stories being about a group of kids on adventures this comic is about adventures like Thomas Inch Britain's first strongman & Captain Webb channel swimmer.

The writers are Pat Mills & Alan Hebden & the artists are Mike Collins, Patrick Goddard, Andrew Chiu & Mike Spender

The Adventurer

• Battle Hardened War Robot
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 23 January, 2016, 10:51:21 PM »
Sonic the Hedgehog and/or Mega Man* might be what you're looking for. Engaging stories and bloodless action. Adventure Time, Stephen Universe, and Avatar the Last Airbender comics might also appeal.

*alas on hiatus fo the foreseeable future

Notable Comics dropping the Week of 01-02-13

down south

• New Arrival
  • Never Nude
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 08 February, 2016, 03:25:48 PM »
Thanks for all the advice!

Minkyboy

• Prog Stacking Droid
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 08 February, 2016, 04:25:32 PM »
My kids get the Phoenix through the door every Friday. Girl 8, boy 8 , girl 6, they all love it and we often read it together as a family. Great comic. Not cheap though.
Fiddling while Rome burns

"is being made a brain in a jar a lot more comen than I think it is." - Cyberleader2000