Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: The Dream Warriors  (Read 2639 times)

JayzusB.Christ

• Bionic Fingers
  • Squealing meat.
    • View Profile
Re: The Dream Warriors
« Reply #30 on: 29 August, 2016, 10:27:24 am »
Weird one last night: the usual inconsequential gubbins- meeting people I know and people I don't know, trying to find places etc ( and one odd bit where a chap moving house had created a sequence of channels and gutters so his goldfish could swim to his new house) but the strange aspect was that I was completely aware throughout that it was a dream: I couldn't make incredible things happen but I kept telling people "it's fine, do you realise you're just in my dream?" and nobody seemed surprised or impressed.

Sounds a bit like Grant Morrison's Animal Man, or that Future Shock where the main character realises he's a character in a Future Shock.

I dreamed the other night that Lemmy died - 'Fuck', I thought, '2016 claims another legend.'  I woke up relieved that it was only a dream, but then remembered sadly that yes, Lemmy was indeed dead. 
“Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest”

The Legendary Shark

• Bionic Fingers
  • Tip: Sharks only attack you if you're wet.
    • View Profile
    • the_sharkpool blog
« Reply #31 on: 10 April, 2017, 08:48:57 am »
Exciting one last night, quite cinematic with a distinct Alien feel. I, along with several other people I don't know, were trapped on an oil rig that was under siege by a kraken. It's tentacles were incredibly long and seemed able to get to people anywhere on the rig to drag them off to that terrible snapping beak. It also had the unnerving ability to bite people in two, eat the legs and then insert a tentacle into the upper half of the dead body, using it as a kind of rudimentary hand-puppet to lure other victims to their doom.

In the end, we few survivors managed to kill the kraken by welding blades to the rig's main drill and "blending" it to death. It squealed horribly as it died and we all felt quite sorry for it - except for the Grizzled Character, who said it was probably calling for its (undoubtedly bigger) mother. Fortunately, the dream ended before she turned up.

DrRocka

• Sentient Tea Bot
    • View Profile
    • The Gospel According To Keefe
« Reply #32 on: 10 April, 2017, 12:40:47 pm »
You've just dreamed an awesome Future Shock there, Sharky!
Never ever bloody anything ever

The Legendary Shark

• Bionic Fingers
  • Tip: Sharks only attack you if you're wet.
    • View Profile
    • the_sharkpool blog
« Reply #33 on: 11 April, 2017, 06:25:06 pm »
Heh, all it needs is a twist!

And a better plot.

And characters.

:D

Supreme Pizza Of The DPRK

• Page Numbering Droid
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #34 on: 22 April, 2017, 09:00:07 pm »
Just woke from a dream that I was late for school which is a bit odd since I didn't used to worry about being late when I went. What's that all about then?