Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Menu bar...  (Read 1499 times)

Colin YNWA

• CALL-ME-KENNETH!
    • View Profile
Menu bar...
« on: 28 June, 2016, 08:14:05 pm »
... am I imaging this or has this become sticky? Or has it always been sticky and for some reason its never stood out to me and I've just 'noticed' it now???

Professor Bear

• Bionic Fingers
    • View Profile
    • Your Friends and Neighbors
Re: Menu bar...
« Reply #1 on: 28 June, 2016, 08:21:51 pm »
I've noticed this has been the case in the native Android browser lately.  The menu covers the top third of the page, including profile info and the updated topics link.

Colin YNWA

• CALL-ME-KENNETH!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 28 June, 2016, 08:23:40 pm »
Had that problem on my phone the other day (covering up stuff) but that seems to have sorted itself now thankfully.

• System Administrator
  • Page Numbering Droid
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 29 June, 2016, 11:49:07 am »
It has always supposed to be sticky to match the shop and the site but there were a few issues with it not too long ago

• System Administrator
  • Page Numbering Droid
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 29 June, 2016, 11:50:04 am »
I've noticed this has been the case in the native Android browser lately.  The menu covers the top third of the page, including profile info and the updated topics link.

Will add it to my to-do list

2000ADWebDroid

• Global Moderator
  • Sub Basement Sewer Unit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 20 July, 2016, 12:53:19 pm »
Is this still causing problems for anyone (we did tweak it recently, so may be fixed) and , if so, on which devices/browsers? Thanks

I, Cosh

• Bionic Fingers
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 20 July, 2016, 01:01:05 pm »
Is this still causing problems for anyone (we did tweak it recently, so may be fixed) and , if so, on which devices/browsers? Thanks
I'm not sure if it's the same thing but I have an intermittent problem where the menu expands when I zoom in, almost like the text is wrapping across three or four lines, making it impossible to read anything. Haven't been able to figure out why it only happens sometimes.

iPod Touch, 5th generation; iOS 7; Safari
We never really die.

IndigoPrime

• Administrator
  • Bionic Fingers
    • View Profile
    • http://www.craiggrannell.com
« Reply #7 on: 20 July, 2016, 02:34:56 pm »
It happens on my Mac when the window width hits approx 760px. It looks like your collapse-o-script is failing on the forum pages, for some reason. (Also, odd that you omit a 2000 AD logo from the nav strip on the narrow site.)

2000ADWebDroid

• Global Moderator
  • Sub Basement Sewer Unit
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 20 July, 2016, 03:20:40 pm »
It happens on my Mac when the window width hits approx 760px. It looks like your collapse-o-script is failing on the forum pages, for some reason. (Also, odd that you omit a 2000 AD logo from the nav strip on the narrow site.)

Okay, I think I see what you mean now, yes that doesn't look right - we'll look into this. It also doesn't seem to be collapsing the menu on an iPhone, but it's meant to!

It should look more like the www.2000adonline.com site does when the menu gets collapsed for small screens, though won't be exactly the same as the forum doesn't use Foundation.. On the www.2000adonline.com site it looks like this could still do with some further tweaks, though, so that the 2000 AD logo is fixed top left, rather than being moved to the burger navigation drop-down. We'll see what we can do.

Colin YNWA

• CALL-ME-KENNETH!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 20 July, 2016, 05:17:47 pm »
It does kinda happen but always seems to immediately correct? Does that sound about right?

• System Administrator
  • Page Numbering Droid
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 02 August, 2016, 09:42:04 am »
OK so, I have now completely rewritten the nav bar (for large, medium & small screens), so please do let me know if there are any bugs in the new one.

I have also made quiet a few changes to the forums styling that shouldn't be noticeable but will be beneficial so if you see any thing out of place / looking weird please let me know!  :)

Edit: The forum can be a bit 'funny' when it comes to updating styles so you might need to clear your cache or try a forced refresh to see the changes (if the top of the forum sinks behind the old nav) - http://refreshyourcache.com/en/cache/
« Last Edit: 02 August, 2016, 09:44:06 am by 500 »

IndigoPrime

• Administrator
  • Bionic Fingers
    • View Profile
    • http://www.craiggrannell.com
« Reply #11 on: 02 August, 2016, 01:42:13 pm »
The re lines within posts are now massive on iPad.

• System Administrator
  • Page Numbering Droid
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 02 August, 2016, 02:20:39 pm »
what version of iOS?

I, Cosh

• Bionic Fingers
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 02 August, 2016, 04:10:33 pm »
Another iPad related issue.

If I have the screen zoomed at all then scroll down, the "contact" link jumps to a second line, beneath the logo.

Think it's iOS 8.3
We never really die.

NapalmKev

• Posting Machine
  • No Beans Man! Cheers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 02 August, 2016, 05:04:52 pm »
On my shitty HTC Phone when typing a post I now get the top bar (News, Community, etc) covering the majority of the screen. With hilarious consequences!

Cheers