General Chat > Games

Nintendo Switch

(1/81) > >>

radiator:
No thread for this yet?

Thoughts?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5uik5fgIaI

radiator:
My initial reaction in that at the very least, this thing will be huge in Japan, and its the first new console I've personally been interested in for years

I don't have a PS4 or an XB1 as I basically never have the time for traditional 'sit down' videogames, but something I can play on the move? Add in a comprehensive Virtual Console (with support for GBA, SNES, N64 and Gamecube) and I'm officially sold.

I like the social aspect they're pushing, but do people still play videogames socially? I haven't seen anything like that since the Wii days.

Pyroxian:

--- Quote from: radiator on 20 October, 2016, 04:55:14 pm ---I like the social aspect they're pushing, but do people still play videogames socially? I haven't seen anything like that since the Wii days.
--- End quote ---

Yes, when they can find a game that lets them... We still play Mario Kart a bit, but games that support couch gaming are now few and far between, which is why I'm just not interested in any of the current generation of consoles. The Switch is intriguing me though...

radiator:
The concept of having dual controllers is a really cool touch. Being able to play 2 player Mario Kart on a plane flight? That's pretty neat.

Honestly, this is the console the Wii U should have been.

The Enigmatic Dr X:
I wants it. I regret getting rid of my Wii U. I did so for a PS4, but that was in retrospect a mistake. Especially now my kids want to play Mario Kart.

I'll probably pick one of these up at launch. I'll definitely pick one up if (a) it allows dual joypad control on a big screen and (b) is backwards compatible with Wii U titles.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version