Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Nintendo Switch  (Read 29163 times)

Timothy

• Sentient Tea Bot
    • View Profile
Re: Nintendo Switch
« Reply #315 on: 12 August, 2018, 09:07:20 pm »
Okami is now on Switch. Loved it on PS2, and it’s still just as beautiful on Switch. The painting mechanic on the touch screen so works perfectly.

Tiplodocus

• Bionic Fingers
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: 15 September, 2018, 12:00:13 pm »
Latest Nintendo Direct had a few nuggets for me in there. Luigi's Mansion 3 is welcome and will be interesting to play NES games online (my first console was N64 and Game boy... shameful I know to wait until I was thirty) so haven't played many, if any of these.

Diablo looks fun and I might finally dip into Civilisation at V6. But I'd been thinking of starting table top gaming again so Pandemic might scratch that itch and also stop the missus moaning about me cluttering up the dining room table.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Tiplodocus

• Bionic Fingers
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: 16 November, 2018, 12:29:33 am »
My Switch is dicking about. When docked, it only connects to tv for a few seconds then flicks off to the switch screen then back to telly and then back. Basically unusable in docked mode. Which is annoying. Not sure if the Dock or Power Supply is the problem. But both are fecking expensive to replace.

Keef Monkey

• Battle Hardened War Robot
  • I knew you'd say that...
    • View Profile
    • POPOLAC
« Reply #318 on: 16 November, 2018, 10:26:53 am »
Finally going to take the plunge and get one of these! If I see a good Black Friday deal I'll jump on it and if not will be checking the boxing day sales, might as well get it at a discount if possible.

Playing some lunchtime rounds of Mario Party at work plus the fact the new No More Heroes spin-off is almost out have tipped it into definite purchase territory for me now.

Apestrife

• Prog Stacking Droid
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: 17 November, 2018, 08:16:20 pm »
My Switch is dicking about. When docked, it only connects to tv for a few seconds then flicks off to the switch screen then back to telly and then back. Basically unusable in docked mode. Which is annoying. Not sure if the Dock or Power Supply is the problem. But both are fecking expensive to replace.

Been in contact with Nintendo?

Tiplodocus

• Bionic Fingers
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: 18 November, 2018, 09:43:34 am »
Not yet. I'm worried I'll have to send it away. Plus Out of warranty I think - it was a day 1 purchase.

The Enigmatic Dr X

• Bionic Fingers
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: 18 November, 2018, 11:07:08 am »
Mine is making a whirring noise when not in the dock. Bit worried.

But having fun with Runner 3, which is on sale at £8 and is highly recommended. I loved Runner 2 on the Wii U.
Lock up your spoons!

Keef Monkey

• View Profile
    • POPOLAC
« Reply #322 on: 22 November, 2018, 11:59:03 am »
Did the deed and bought a Switch! Amazon have a £30 discount on the console just now for Black Friday and I'd already pre-ordered Travis Strikes Back which I guess sealed my fate! Looking forward to some tasty Mario action.

radiator

• Bionic Fingers
  • A fry without beans is a mere meat collage.
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: 22 November, 2018, 05:51:04 pm »
There's a massive sale going on on the eshop right now.

It looks like the titles on offer vary by region (I'm in the US) but there's a ton of great games available at discount, including the likes of DKC: Tropical Freeze, Mario Odyssey, Breath of the Wild, Skyrim etc plus dozens of indie titles.

I just picked up Undertale, The Messenger, Minit, Wild Guns Reloaded and Dead Cells.

Keef Monkey

• View Profile
    • POPOLAC
« Reply #324 on: 23 November, 2018, 11:45:09 am »
Dead Cells is one game I plan to buy as soon as the Switch arrives today, I could get it on XB1 but it's the style of game that I know I'd much rather be able to take on trips. Eyeing up the sale I think I'll be grabbing that and Runner 3 because it looks good fun! Got the Mario Odyssey bundle so I'm sure that'll be all the game I'll need for a while.

Tiplodocus

• Bionic Fingers
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: 26 November, 2018, 04:27:36 pm »
Switch appears to be behaving again now.

Not sure if disconnecting the Wii U helped - saved having two boxes fighting for control of my tv screen even when Wii U switched off. Or If just making sure connectors were snug worked. I will be monitoring the situation.

Having a go at Zelda again. Love the drip feed of shrines and korok seeds to keep me exploring. But had forgotten about the one shot kills.

Apestrife

• Prog Stacking Droid
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: 04 December, 2018, 08:34:13 pm »
Of course the job put the christmas table AW on the same day as the release of Smash bros  :lol:

Also bought Grim Fandango on switch (4th time buying it). Magnificent game. Cannot recommend it enough. One of my absolute favorite stories, in any medium.

The Monarch

• Undercover
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: 07 December, 2018, 08:58:36 pm »
a nice touch i love in smash  is the fighters in simons classic mode are themed after castlevania mobs