Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection  (Read 492950 times)

karlos

• Sentient Tea Bot
    • View Profile
Re: 2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection
« Reply #4155 on: 03 June, 2020, 07:15:00 PM »
It's all very discouraging, isn't it?

I generally only use FP now, but as Hachette were the only ones that had those particular books, i went with them.

As you say, IP, why they and other sellers don't just use a little bit more packaging, expensive mistakes would easily be avoided.

It's exasperating!

IndigoPrime

• Administrator
  • Bionic Fingers
    • View Profile
    • http://www.craiggrannell.com
« Reply #4156 on: 03 June, 2020, 08:33:18 PM »
I can only imagine most people don’t complain. I’ve had enough of that. If I’m buying high-end collectable books, they’d better bloody arrive in good condition. But even stuff like the Hachette collection should be free from major prangs/crushed edges/corners.

karlos

• Sentient Tea Bot
    • View Profile
« Reply #4157 on: 03 June, 2020, 08:45:26 PM »
I'm suprised Hachette are as slapdash as they are.

This latest parcel really does take the biscuit: shipping books out in a box that wasn't sealed at all - madness!

Jade Falcon

• Sentient Tea Bot
    • View Profile
« Reply #4158 on: Today at 12:14:08 PM »
This is why I went to a newsagents. Someone said a while back that a direct subscription would have been more efficient, but the tales of woe with late books and bad deliveries put me off.

IndigoPrime

• Administrator
  • Bionic Fingers
    • View Profile
    • http://www.craiggrannell.com
« Reply #4159 on: Today at 01:40:32 PM »
They are varying degrees of hopeless, but to date I’ve never missed a book, and I’ve had replacements for every issue where I deemed the damage to be unacceptable. So the customer service broadly works (and the new lot are more responsive online than the old ones, and appear to have a better grasp of English). The baffling thing is why the packaging is periodically so poor in the first place. My guess is the savings per item add up and compensate for the people who demand replacements. Although the bin-bag incident was perhaps a step too far.