Main Menu

Prog 2020 - Mega-City Meltdown

Started by Trent, 24 February, 2017, 06:09:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sheridan

Quote from: Tjm86 on 26 February, 2017, 05:05:41 PM
Took me a while as well.  Not the clearest of gags.  It's 'Droid Life, not Druid Life.'
Thanks for explaining - I'd assumed they were generic pagans and that the pun was based around the sun / moon / solstice / equinox and couldn't figure out what that had to do with droids...

Bad City Blue

Quote from: sheridan on 01 March, 2017, 01:05:34 AM
Quote from: Tjm86 on 26 February, 2017, 05:05:41 PM
Took me a while as well.  Not the clearest of gags.  It's 'Droid Life, not Druid Life.'
Thanks for explaining - I'd assumed they were generic pagans and that the pun was based around the sun / moon / solstice / equinox and couldn't figure out what that had to do with droids...

had me scratching my head for a few minutes too
Writer of SENTINEL, the best little indie out there

Tjm86

I reckon spotting the 'druid' connection comes from lurking on the 'wrong side' of the Severn now.  Use to taunt one of the guys on the squadron back in the day about being a 'pseudo-trot'.  How much grief would he give me now if he saw where I ended up?   ::)

norton canes

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 25 February, 2017, 08:45:02 PMthe current line-up... has the still devine Kingdom, Kingmaker and The Order... Each still as superb as they've been to date.

This. Three consistently excellent strips (though I can't believe people are still calling The Order 'impenetrable'). It really will be a great shame if they all finish their current runs in the same week. The following prog will definitely have its work cut out.

I thought the Dredd strip harked back to classic Wagner/Grant stories of old - a gruesome premise followed by just enough explanation to keep the intrigue.

Sin Dex was OK but it's lightweight stuff. The sort of thing that gets an airing in the weeks running up to a 'jump-on' prog, I suppose.

Another great Dredd cover, though yeah, that expression is unsettling. I wonder if the scene of many melting cits will be played out in the next couple of weeks?

Tiplodocus

Great prog. Kingdom just keeps on giving juicy new stuff.

But seeing Cosh's trademark film review referenced in "Druid" Life was brilliant.

Hey, my autocorrect tried to change DRUID to DROID. Truly this is a zarjaz time to be a fan.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

TordelBack

The cover didn't work for me, Brown's work is great, but the expression is all wrong.

Dredd on the other hand was a solid old-school T. B. Grover opener, and I like that. Did Boo really draw little fluttery penants on his uber-butch Lawmasters? Arsom!

Sin Dex is short, sharp and funny.  Good to see a new status quo being slowly established. Like the colouring job too.

Look, when you set up a dragon vs. spaceship aerial ruck, you have to deliver, and on Kingmaker Gallagher really does. Dragon designs are fabulous, action is clear and dramatic, just superb. I do worry a bit at similarities to other Edgy tales and Helium in particular, I'm still not on board with the dialogue, but when an episode is this breathlessly great, I can put any doubts aside.

The Order continues to be amazing. I'm not sure Kek-W and Burns have any more of an idea of what a superstring is than Star Trek TNG did, but blimey I want to see Iron John 2.0 take that axe to its beanstalky goodness!

Oh but how wondrous is Kingdom, jumping jeebus that was a shock reveal! I knew something was going on with Leezee, but not that..!

Magnetica

Quote from: norton canes on 02 March, 2017, 10:56:24 AM
I can't believe people are still calling The Order 'impenetrable'

Ok hand on heart, can you honestly say you understand which time period each different Rittertahl is from and what their motivation is?

Pegasus P Artichoke

Not a fan of that cover, all I can see now is Dredd and his big horse dentures

But inside oh inside is totally different

Dredd is off to a good start, love the art work I have never seen Dredd done in this way and I think it's excellent

Kingmaker I have been enjoying from the start and an issue about dragons fighting space ships, yes please.

Sin Dex I enjoyed, thought it was good fun maybe a bit on the light side but still very enjoyable

The Order is rocking at the moment and I can't wait to see the big robot smash things with its big axe

Kingdom was tremendous, great sense of danger and what an ending

Roll on next week, the prog is on damn fine form
We'll give them back their heroes

sheridan

Quote from: Pegasus P Artichoke on 02 March, 2017, 06:23:31 PM
Not a fan of that cover, all I can see now is Dredd and his big horse dentures

Great artist, but not a fan of Dredd's face on this cover either :(
QuoteDredd is off to a good start, love the art work I have never seen Dredd done in this way and I think it's excellent

Boo did Student Bodies a year or two back (two-parter, post-Chaos Day story).
QuoteKingmaker I have been enjoying from the start and an issue about dragons fighting space ships, yes please.

True that!

The Enigmatic Dr X

Kingdom: [spoiler]So is that the original Lezee?[/spoiler]
Lock up your spoons!

TordelBack

Quote from: The Enigmatic Dr X on 02 March, 2017, 10:34:43 PM
Kingdom: [spoiler]So is that the original Lezee?[/spoiler]

My guess is a [spoiler]clone of the tick-infected Leezee (some kind of DNA melding between them) used to control the horde. Of course you could be right, and the current Lee could be a 'pure' clone and this monster what became of the original.[/spoiler]

Colin YNWA

Its great that we're guessing. I think Tordelback is right but the way its been built up as a big reveal does make me wonder. Fantastic stuff either way.

jacob g

Kingdom cliffhanger is exactly what cliffhangers should look like. I was expecting something with "this character" but what I saw on page was still unexpected.

Good work mr Abnett.
margaritas ante porcos