Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection  (Read 195505 times)

sintec

• Page Numbering Droid
    • View Profile

abelardsnazz

• Sentient Tea Bot
    • View Profile
Re: 2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection
« Reply #2401 on: 16 September, 2018, 05:30:29 pm »
That looks like Rage to me, so presumably at least part of it will be in the next SD volume.

Colin YNWA

• CALL-ME-KENNETH!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2402 on: 16 September, 2018, 09:13:31 pm »
Arh man its good to be back on the Dante trail soon... well soonish...

Dark Jimbo

• Bionic Fingers
  • Grobbendonk spoke gibberish, a fringeworld dialect
    • View Profile
    • DarkJimbo on Deviantart
« Reply #2404 on: 19 September, 2018, 03:58:03 pm »
Good news - the Agony Pages are included in D.R. and Quinch, and they're in colour! *happy dance*

IndigoPrime

• Administrator
  • Bionic Fingers
    • View Profile
    • http://www.craiggrannell.com
« Reply #2405 on: 24 September, 2018, 04:40:59 pm »
So I canned my sub, have swiftly realised it's bloody impossible to buy these things locally now, and was planning to resubscribe and sell off the ones I don't want. They won't reply on Facebook Messenger (I've a feeling I've been blocked/muted) and their email support took a week to respond by saying: "Am not sure why it states that you can subscribe from issue 25. I know you can start from issue 1. If you can not subscribe on the web site you can give us a ring on this number for assistance. 0333 300 1045".

I'm… going to have to… phone them. PRAY FOR ME.

sintec

• Page Numbering Droid
    • View Profile
« Reply #2406 on: 24 September, 2018, 05:50:54 pm »
Good luck.

It's truly bizarre how difficult they make these things - it's almost like they don't want people to buy their books or something.

IndigoPrime

• Administrator
  • Bionic Fingers
    • View Profile
« Reply #2407 on: 24 September, 2018, 07:35:30 pm »
It really is odd. But also our town doesn't have a standard newsagent any more, hence me looking at this option (not least given how rapidly these are selling out now). If I can't get any sense out of Hachette, I'll see if WHSmith or McColls in town can get issues in for me.

IndigoPrime

• Administrator
  • Bionic Fingers
    • View Profile
« Reply #2408 on: 25 September, 2018, 09:38:09 am »
Oh my. Someone finally replied, after I publicly sent a message on the FB page. They've offered to restart the sub at 29.

Dandontdare

• Bionic Fingers
    • View Profile
« Reply #2409 on: 25 September, 2018, 11:13:25 am »
you can pre-order them on the Forbidden Planet website (and save a little bit on the shop price) I'm cherry-picking and have ordered the 4th Dante due in December, but I can't see any reason why you couldn't pre-order them all as they are released

Nellgrove

• Never Nude
    • View Profile
« Reply #2410 on: 25 September, 2018, 12:19:57 pm »
I've only subscribed recently, so I asked to get an extra 2 issues in September. Received a reply stating my next delivery was in September (for the standard 2 issues delivery). Thanks Hachette :) I may try again, but then i think is it really worth risking getting what i should be getting just to catch up a bit?

IndigoPrime

• Administrator
  • Bionic Fingers
    • View Profile
« Reply #2411 on: 25 September, 2018, 02:29:24 pm »
Dandontdare: I was thinking about Forbidden Planet, but it ultimately costs more money, due to postage. Easy enough to get the books and sell off the ones I don't want on eBay. Entertainingly, I now have three totally different answers, though, from Hachette:

- You can only subscribe from issue 1
- You can subscribe from the next issue (29)
- You can start a subscription from any issue

Perhaps they live in some kind of connection point from alternate universes, which is why their customer support is all over the place. I guess I'll phone them if the FB people don't respond shortly.

The Monarch

• Battle Hardened War Robot
  • Undercover
    • View Profile
« Reply #2412 on: 25 September, 2018, 03:05:40 pm »
hatchett is a shell company for indigo prime it would explain why theres no ip strips in the collection and why they are dicking you around man

Mardroid

• Bionic Fingers
    • View Profile
« Reply #2413 on: 25 September, 2018, 03:23:18 pm »
- You can start a subscription from any issue

I was on the understanding it was this one, although there may be some delay with back issues that have sold out. I wouldn’t think that would be a problem with the 2000ad Ultimate collection yet, though.

I wonder if it’s a case of the different individuals you spoke to in the company being uncertain themselves! I wonder how many temp workers they utilise...

IndigoPrime

• Administrator
  • Bionic Fingers
    • View Profile
« Reply #2414 on: 25 September, 2018, 03:32:26 pm »
I suspect a lot of the staff are basically clueless. One person told me you can *only* sub from issue one. I then noted their website had a drop-down menu that suggested otherwise. Follow-up from someone else then said *that* was messed up, because it doesn't have more recent issues, and said they'd flag a support call with their web team. So at least they were on the ball. So my choices now are what issue I want to sub from, and whether I go with 29 though the Facebook lot or brave a phone call for my preferred option of 31.

They're like the anti-Denise/anti-Oliver though.