Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Podcasts  (Read 22605 times)

Rara Avis

• Sentient Tea Bot
    • View Profile
Re: Podcasts
« Reply #90 on: 28 January, 2021, 07:34:57 PM »
Hadn't heard of this one - hope it's worth checking out.

https://lovethatbass.com/news/roar-the-90s-rave-podcast/

JayzusB.Christ

• Bionic Fingers
  • Squealing meat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 28 January, 2021, 07:44:20 PM »
Did she really pose for Playboy or was that a rumour?

It wasn't a rumour.  I think every lad who knew her at least sneaked a peek.  I may possibly could maybe have done so myself.
“Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest”

Rara Avis

• Sentient Tea Bot
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 28 January, 2021, 07:48:09 PM »
Wow!

What a crazy rumour to spread about someone but even crazier that it was true.

Actually now that I think of it there's another podcast on Spotify called Mens Rea that looks at a lot of Irish crime. They have a few good ones on Captain Moonlight (?), Catherine Nevin and that woman who tried to hire a hitman online.

JayzusB.Christ

• Bionic Fingers
  • Squealing meat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 28 January, 2021, 07:58:05 PM »
Wow!

What a crazy rumour to spread about someone but even crazier that it was true.

Actually now that I think of it there's another podcast on Spotify called Mens Rea that looks at a lot of Irish crime. They have a few good ones on Captain Moonlight (?), Catherine Nevin and that woman who tried to hire a hitman online.

Thanks for the heads-up! I'll have a listen.
“Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest”

Smith

• Posting Machine
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 29 January, 2021, 07:15:02 AM »
I recently binged Dan Carlins Hardcore History. Great stuff.

JayzusB.Christ

• Bionic Fingers
  • Squealing meat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 29 January, 2021, 11:00:02 AM »
I recently binged Dan Carlins Hardcore History. Great stuff.

Agreed.  It truly is one of the best podcasts out there.  The Cuban Missile Crisis episode was an absolute nail-biter, even though, of course, we know the outcome.  That said, the way he describes the resolution is a little bit more nuanced than the way I'd heard it, though I have to admit my grasp on history isn't all THAT good.

Smith

• Posting Machine
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 29 January, 2021, 11:31:12 AM »
I still have that one to get to. For me Ghosts of the Ostenfront and Blueprints for Armageddon are the best serials. I wish that he talked mor about the Macedonian front, since that is a very important part thats been memory holed in recent times.

shaolin_monkey

• Battle Hardened War Robot
  • Bananas For The Win!
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 29 January, 2021, 12:29:22 PM »
Here’s an individual podcast episode I enjoyed very much, where we got to hear Stewart Lee discuss his comedy, and very much stepping away from the smug, arrogant, know-it-all, liberal elite stage character.

He comes across as very chilled and likeable chap, and it’s a great discussion on the history of comedy and his part in it. It’s very good.

https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/the-breakdown-with-jamali-maddix/id1434688900

JayzusB.Christ

• Bionic Fingers
  • Squealing meat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 29 January, 2021, 12:46:03 PM »
Here’s an individual podcast episode I enjoyed very much, where we got to hear Stewart Lee discuss his comedy, and very much stepping away from the smug, arrogant, know-it-all, liberal elite stage character.

He comes across as very chilled and likeable chap, and it’s a great discussion on the history of comedy and his part in it. It’s very good.

https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/the-breakdown-with-jamali-maddix/id1434688900

Thanks! I really like Stewart Lee. I met him and chatted to him after one of his shows. He was indeed very approachable, friendly and down - to - earth: The stage persona is purely for comedy reasons, and it works.

rogue69

• Prog Stacking Droid
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: 06 March, 2021, 10:18:05 PM »
Spotify have the first 3 series of Just A Minute available there a quite a few episodes missing but it is interesting to see how the programme evolved from it's origins `when compared to the currant series without Nicholas Parsons