Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 2000AD Digital Shop Downloads Section  (Read 394 times)

Dan Banks

• Page Numbering Droid
    • View Profile
2000AD Digital Shop Downloads Section
« on: 22 March, 2017, 12:27:24 pm »
Hi,

In the 2000AD Rebellion digital shop download section (https://account.rebellion.co.uk/2000ad/download), you can sort your downloads but it would be really nice if you could filter them too. Even just a simple filter like type: {Progs, Megs, Graphic Novels}, would be crazy useful. I've got about 3 years worth of progs and megs in my account so finding a graphic novel that I bought even a year ago can be a bit fiddly.

Just a suggestion :)

Apart from this I actually massively prefer this new digital portal to the old 2000AD shop, so congrats!

Cheers,
Dan

The Adventurer

• Battle Hardened War Robot
    • View Profile
Re: 2000AD Digital Shop Downloads Section
« Reply #1 on: 22 March, 2017, 06:16:41 pm »
I'd also like a way to toggle the whole store to Show digital pricing/digital content, as it seems to default to print.

Which means if I'm looking at a list of Progs for sale it shows 'add to basket' instead of 'purchased' since I haven't bought a print copy, only a digital one.
« Last Edit: 22 March, 2017, 06:19:56 pm by The Adventurer »

Notable Comics dropping the Week of 01-02-13

2000ADWebDroid

• Global Moderator
  • Sub Basement Sewer Unit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 11 April, 2017, 03:55:56 pm »
Hi,

In the 2000AD Rebellion digital shop download section (https://account.rebellion.co.uk/2000ad/download), you can sort your downloads but it would be really nice if you could filter them too. Even just a simple filter like type: {Progs, Megs, Graphic Novels}, would be crazy useful. I've got about 3 years worth of progs and megs in my account so finding a graphic novel that I bought even a year ago can be a bit fiddly.

Just a suggestion :)

Apart from this I actually massively prefer this new digital portal to the old 2000AD shop, so congrats!

Cheers,
Dan

Hi Dan - sorry for the delay in getting back to you, thanks for your helpful feedback. Our next round of improvements to the 2000 AD shop will mostly centred around usability/UX improvements, so any suggestions in this area are welcome. We'll see what we can do regarding the filtering of your Downloads, so that purchases are easier to find.

BTW in the meantime, if you know the name of a digital product you've purchased, you should be able to search for it, and then you would be able to download it from the product page.

2000ADWebDroid

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 11 April, 2017, 04:02:47 pm »
I'd also like a way to toggle the whole store to Show digital pricing/digital content, as it seems to default to print.

Which means if I'm looking at a list of Progs for sale it shows 'add to basket' instead of 'purchased' since I haven't bought a print copy, only a digital one.

We're on that already, the idea being that you will be able to choose to display all content, or filter on just displaying digital or just print content (though things like Clothing and Merchandise will always display), though we'll still indicate when the alternate version is also available (e.g. perhaps by showing that format greyed-out) - this way it will also be quicker to add multiple different products to the basket, as you won't have to select the format each time.

Hope to have this work done in the weeks following Easter, it's a little more complicated to do than you might think, otherwise we would have done this already.

The Adventurer

• Battle Hardened War Robot
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 12 April, 2017, 03:22:38 am »

We're on that already, the idea being that you will be able to choose to display all content, or filter on just displaying digital or just print content (though things like Clothing and Merchandise will always display), though we'll still indicate when the alternate version is also available (e.g. perhaps by showing that format greyed-out) - this way it will also be quicker to add multiple different products to the basket, as you won't have to select the format each time.

Hope to have this work done in the weeks following Easter, it's a little more complicated to do than you might think, otherwise we would have done this already.
Thanks for the update. I look forward to switching back to the online store instead of using the Rebellion Account portal.

Notable Comics dropping the Week of 01-02-13

2000ADWebDroid

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 13 April, 2017, 05:05:49 pm »

Thanks for the update. I look forward to switching back to the online store instead of using the Rebellion Account portal.

BTW we'll be removing the shop functionality (apart from subscription management) from the Rebellion Account Portal soon, as it duplicates what the 2000 AD shop can do now and it's a headache having to maintain two different code bases.