Main Menu

AUGUST ART COMP - MASSIMO BELARDINELLI

Started by CrazyFoxMachine, 03 August, 2017, 12:29:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrazyFoxMachine

From July winner Andy Lambert (and also suggested quite some time ago by Sheridan):

QuoteI don't know if the forum has paid tribute to this comics legend, but if not, I think it's time it did. Early Dan Dare, ACE Trucking Co., early Slaine, Blackhawk, Harlem Heroes, Meltdown Man... so many classics.

Indeed rarely a month goes by when the Italian 80s prog stalwart is not mentioned - his wildly imaginative design work and his distinctive visual style make him one of 2000 AD's most iconic artists. He sadly died a decade ago but his legend lives on! So do have a go at one or more of his distinctive characters, pay tribute to his best moments, try to mimic his idiosyncratic approach...

As always BARNEY is your friend!

There will be a GN straight from the nerve centre for the winner of course, and one for Tharg's Choice -  - all entries will be viewable here, on our dedicated FB page, and also on the official 2000 AD Tumblr and Twitter!

Rules for the art comp are these:

- It must fit the theme.

- You can enter as many times as you like but bear in mind it will split your vote so it may not be worth it.

- All entries have to be constructed specifically for this competition - so nothing you've done for anything else.

- You can enter either here or by directly putting it on our FB wall here: https://www.facebook.com/2000adartcomp/

YOU HAVE UNTIL AUGUST THE 27th WHEN WE SHALL ACE THE VOTING GARP

sheridan

So pleased to see this - Massimo was one of the stalwarts when I started reading in 1983.  It's great seeing some of the later works his family posts to Facebook.

Beeks

Possibly my fave ever artist

Really looking forward to the submissions
"We keep on being told that religion, whatever its imperfections, at least instills morality. On every side, there is conclusive evidence that the contrary is the case and that faith causes people to be more mean, more selfish, and perhaps above all, more stupid." ― Christopher Hitchens

Tulio_Vilela

This is my entry for the August Art Comp. Hope you like it!

Bolt-01

When I think of Massimo, there is one strip above all that I love...

BLACKHAWK!

Andy Lambert

Great first entries from Tulio and Bolt-1. Great to see Blackhawk in the competition :)

Steven Denton

Quote from: Bolt-01 on 10 August, 2017, 07:27:39 PM
When I think of Massimo, there is one strip above all that I love...

BLACKHAWK!

That's some nice inking on what looks like a post it note!

Albion

Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

Bolt-01

Albion, you need to get that onto the most outlandish bottle you can find- post haste!

sheridan

Quote from: Albion on 16 August, 2017, 01:44:57 PM

I really need to print out a few copies of that and bung it on some bottles :)

CrazyFoxMachine

Leigh S

So many ways you could pay tribute to Massimo...

robbycox

Leigh S - Thats amazing - Not sure if this is breaking forum rules by asking this but is there any chance you could post it on this group please, https://www.facebook.com/groups/12998769813/ ,  it'd sure be appreciated. Thank you.

Leigh S

Cheers Robbie - I'm a member, so I'll give it a shot and link to the competition!

Quote from: robbycox on 19 August, 2017, 09:26:59 AM
Leigh S - Thats amazing - Not sure if this is breaking forum rules by asking this but is there any chance you could post it on this group please, https://www.facebook.com/groups/12998769813/ ,  it'd sure be appreciated. Thank you.

CrazyFoxMachine

As long as the entry is done specifically for the competition you're welcome to share it wherever - the more promotion the better ;)