Main Menu

SEPTEMBER ART COMP - 40 YEARS OF FUTURE SHOCKS

Started by CrazyFoxMachine, 02 September, 2017, 09:15:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrazyFoxMachine

Last month marked the 40th anniversary of the FIRST EVER Future Shock - !

So this month I want you to pay tribute to your favourite episode - the most astonishing twist, the most bewildering setting - there are nearly 500 of these little self-contained stories peppered throughout the progs from no. 25 right til the present day. Which one stands out for you? Which was your first? Which chilled you to the core or made you laugh the most? GET DRAWING!

As ever, Barney has your memories ON FILE: http://2000ad.org/?zone=thrill&page=profiles&Comic=2000AD&choice=future

There will be a GN straight from the nerve centre for the winner of course, and one for Tharg's Choice -  - all entries will be viewable here, on our dedicated FB page, and also on the official 2000 AD Tumblr and Twitter!

Rules for the art comp are these:

- It must fit the theme.

- You can enter as many times as you like but bear in mind it will split your vote so it may not be worth it.

- All entries have to be constructed specifically for this competition - so nothing you've done for anything else.

- You can enter either here or by directly putting it on our FB wall here: https://www.facebook.com/2000adartcomp/

YOU HAVE UNTIL SEPTEMBER THE 24th WHEN WE SHALL CUNNINGLY SUBVERT THE VOTING TROPE

james newell

CrazyFoxMachine

Fungus

Steve Green

So only future shocks, no time-twisters, robo-tales etc?

Bhuna

I'd do something Owen, but I with Thought Bubble just around the corner, there's no time really.
twitter.com/Bhuna1967
twitter.com/pigdogpress

Albion

I've working on something so there will be at least one entry.
(If I'm the only one I'll still come last!)  ;)
Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

SuperSurfer

Andy Lambert

Submissions to the competitions do seem to have dwindled lately.

Adrian Bamforth

I'm working on something - however, it's about Future Shocks in general rather than one specific one, still acceptable?

Albion

Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

malkymac

sheridan

Quote from: Albion on 11 September, 2017, 12:13:22 PM
I've working on something so there will be at least one entry.
(If I'm the only one I'll still come last!)  ;)
Technically true :)

sheridan

Quote from: SuperSurfer on 11 September, 2017, 12:24:19 PM
I have an idea. But a question of time.
Make your mind up - is it a Future Shock or a (question of) Time Twister?

Jim_Campbell

I'd like to enter (although I'll almost certainly run out of time!) but the sheer scope of the subject is a bit bewildering. In the end, I just stuck "Tharg's Future Shocks" into a Google image search — the results are a bit of a mixed bag, but if you can't find something to inspire you in the results, I'd be surprised.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.