Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Rogue Trooper (and related G.I's) Fanzine  (Read 8418 times)

The Legendary Shark

• Bionic Fingers
  • Tip: Sharks only attack you if you're wet.
    • View Profile
    • The Sharkpool Blog
Re: Rogue Trooper (and related G.I's) Fanzine
« Reply #105 on: 29 June, 2018, 05:37:21 pm »
Bren, you have mail.

Tjm86

• Evil Cyborg
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: 29 June, 2018, 07:02:55 pm »
Just throwing out my tuppence ha'porth here.  It's dynamic, stimulating and distinct.  It definitely works for the subject matter and I would be interested personally in seeing more of the story.  I would also disagree with the label 'awful' to describe the figure.  I think you're being a bit harsh on yourself there.  Go have a look at some of Jon Bogdanove's Superman work if you want to see awful figure work.

I think the comments about the arm length and hose are right.  The leg seems disconnected as well if you look at it too long.  I do also wonder if there is a little too much space at the bottom with not much going on.  Then again, if the intent was to give a sense of perspective looking up the ramp .....  Not sure, spitballing a bit here.  Perhaps someone can help me out here (or shoot me down in flames).

Certainly looking forward to seeing more, particularly an extended narrative piece.

mightybren

• New Arrival
  • Page Numbering Droid
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: 30 June, 2018, 09:25:26 pm »
Thanks Tjm86. Regards the ramp, it's a mixture of perspective and I'd say lazyness on my part. I did rough a few heads there to show the medics in Steven's story, however I thought the composition was problematic. It looked like Tor Cyan was throwing the droid at them... I guess this is where my inexperience with storytelling comes in. I'm not confident making that kind of judgement, so I went the easy way of "let's just draw less". The Legendary Shark has sent me some scripts to practice on, I've got a lot to learn :)

Good shout on the disembodied leg. I think that's a perspective problem. The leg should be twisted a bit more to the right. I'll keep that in mind next time.

Not sure how I feel about Jon Bogdanove after doing a Google search... He got published for 8 years producing work like that?!

Steven Denton

• 2000AD Creator
  • Prog Stacking Droid
  • A high base level of anger is normal
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: 21 August, 2018, 08:38:40 am »

Another Warm up Drawing.